My sister and I were doxxed and impersonated on 4chan

Anonymous342935

Jurisdiction
New Jersey
It was brought to my attention recently that my sister and I had our personal info posted to 4chan. Somebody had impersonated us, on the cams and meetups board. I'm 19, my sister is 17 (she's turning 18 in less than a month).

The doxxer posted our phone numbers, address (we live in the same house), email, and our instagram pages (both of our instagrams were private to start with, luckily). The doxxer said that we were "experimenting with new kinks", and to "hit us up." Luckily, the doxxer didn't post images of us, but they did link our instagram pages.

We've been getting a lot of harassment, both through texts and DMs. And since the doxxer said that we liked "experimenting", some of the pictures that have been sent to us are really gross and weird. That's unsettling on its own, but the worst part is that they have our address as well. We're really worried for our safety right now. Should we contact police?

It was brought to my attention recently that my sister and I had our personal info posted to 4chan. Somebody had impersonated us, on the cams and meetups board. I'm 19, my sister is 17 (she's turning 18 in less than a month).

The doxxer posted our phone numbers, address (we live in the same house), email, and our instagram pages (both of our instagrams were private to start with, luckily). The doxxer said that we were "experimenting with new kinks", and to "hit us up." Luckily, the doxxer didn't post images of us, but they did link our instagram pages.

We've been getting a lot of harassment, both through texts and DMs. And since the doxxer said that we liked "experimenting", some of the pictures that have been sent to us are really gross and weird. That's unsettling on its own, but the worst part is that they have our address as well. We're really worried for our safety right now. Should we contact police?
Yes.

It was brought to my attention recently that my sister and I had our personal info posted to 4chan.

What "personal information" are you talking about? Who posted it? How did the poster obtain the information?

Should we contact police?

Based on what I know about 4chan, it's not likely to do any good (especially since local police have little, if any, ability to do anything about any website unless the website's servers are located in the jurisdiction of the police). I'd suggest change your phone numbers, creating new Instagram accounts, and keep an extremely low internet profile for awhile

Back