My parental rights

Kimber

Jurisdiction
Georgia
for the past two and a half years I have been going through some things with my grandmother she is my financial enabler for me and my children I gave her power of attorney to where she could take my children to the hospital if anything should happen because at one point I was not mentally able due to seeing my brother be killed in front of my face I had been mentally distraught but in the past year I have overcome that and been trying to make everything right with my children which I have never left for a . Of time and I tried to go see them at least three to five times a week but in the past 4 to 6 months I could tell that there was a lot of lies and narcissistic behavior going on with her my grandmother that is and come to find out I've have people telling me that she is receiving a check and is a foster parent to my children and is eating having my rights terminated as a parent without my knowledge to any of this I have not been served with anyting I am unaware of all of it except for the power of attorney me and my children's father both agreed upon until we got stable financially other than that she should not be doing anything else we are their parents and we're not understanding what is going on here

for the past two and a half years I have been going through some things with my grandmother she is my financial enabler for me and my children I gave her power of attorney to where she could take my children to the hospital if anything should happen because at one point I was not mentally able due to seeing my brother be killed in front of my face I had been mentally distraught but in the past year I have overcome that and been trying to make everything right with my children which I have never left for a . Of time and I tried to go see them at least three to five times a week but in the past 4 to 6 months I could tell that there was a lot of lies and narcissistic behavior going on with her my grandmother that is and come to find out I've have people telling me that she is receiving a check and is a foster parent to my children and is eating having my rights terminated as a parent without my knowledge to any of this I have not been served with anyting I am unaware of all of it except for the power of attorney me and my children's father both agreed upon until we got stable financially other than that she should not be doing anything else we are their parents and we're not understanding what is going on here
Why did you choose an avatar that has you flipping the bird? Do you really think that's appropriate for a legal forum?

Of time and I tried to go see them at least three to five times a week but in the past 4 to 6 months I could tell that there was a lot of lies and narcissistic behavior going on with her my grandmother that is and come to find out I've have people telling me that she is receiving a check and is a foster parent to my children and is eating having my rights terminated as a parent without my knowledge to any of this I have not been served with anyting I am unaware of all of it except for the power of attorney me and my children's father both agreed upon until we got stable financially other than that she should not be doing anything else we are their parents and we're not understanding what is going on here

Take what "people" tell you with a grain of salt. "People" talk a lot and are often short on facts.

That said: you aren't supporting your children. Their father isn't supporting them. If your grandmother is getting financial help from the state help raise YOUR children, then you will be served soon enough, because the state should be reimbursed.

In the meantime, find a good rehab program and get clean.

Those things would not happen without your knowledge. If she is taking good care of your kids and you are still unable to then consider leaving this issue alone. You could stir up a problem where there isn't one. If she takes some sort of action against you then you will receive notification. Until then just appreciate that she is there and helping.

In any future posts, please make a better effort to use proper capitalization and punctuation. Your post seems to contain only a single punctuation mark and a single capital letter, and neither is used correctly. That makes your post very difficult to read and understand.

we're not understanding what is going on here

And are you supposing that folks here will have insight into your situation?

You didn't ask a question, so I don't really understand the purpose of your post. If you have a question, please ask it, but you're going to need to write much more coherently.

Well time to get a lawyer - unless the kids are better off with her (as in stable, secure, safe, loving home). You allowed her to care for your kids the last 2 1/2 years and now you suddenly want to take care of them?

Who is "we?" Where is the other parent then?

Back