My neighbor is harassing using technology

Nicole P

Jurisdiction
California
My neighbor video taped me when I doing things privately in my room. I had my windows covered maybe a crack in an area where no one is suppose to be in the wash area behind our homes. Only the city and workers are suppose to be back there but after revealing the tape to the neighborhood and harassing me to no end i am now aware they get to each other's houses that way and harass me from back there as well.

This all started about a week ago. I am the home owner and I don't feel safe in my own home. I'm not up to date on technology and this 25 year old had me on the verge of a literal breakdown where I contemplated the unthinkable. Using I believe infrared camera technology and growing up next door to the house I bought he is aware of the entire lay out. He was also removing something with ladder between our houses as I ran out to get away from the torture. He may have been doing it to try and freak me out but I believe there is more to it. He can also hear me say things when im in the center of my house. Which I tested by saying awful thinks and the next day he was telling the neighbor that I'm a mean bitch. I'm assuming there's a device to echo or magnify because I've heard him use it to berate and belittle me outside.

They recorded me in my bedroom using my vibrator and smoking something they are saying is an illegal substance. They have showed the video to they neighbors and laugh as they say outloud look here on google she's such a disgusting tweaker. I have not seen the video and again so t know what or where it was recoded with but I cover my windows. I also have a number of mirrors and may have unknowingly through yet still a small space been through the mirror reflection.

I have video of some of the harassment where they have formed their little posse to run me out of town. Complete mob mentality style. They have deemed themselves judge and jury and you can here the screams to get out and how I need to move immediately which I plan on after This is resolved and hopefully a court will see the how my rights were completely violated and I was harassed to no end. I have recording of her son saying I wouldn't know how to recording because I'm such a stupid bitch he said that several times which I have on tape my front door doorbell cam which he knows I have it apparently didn't think I knew how to work it. He's also heard scene to whisper is awful things to me to dehumanize me what is the purpose of that in my opinion and the whispering he said so the cameras would not pick up on what they were saying to me. When I asked them from my house why would you be whispering if you think this is legal or ok in any fashion. I was saying please stop because this is not ok.

so I been recorded in my room master bating (which is another thing they make fun of) and smoking what they have said to everyone is an illegal substance

I was harassed before I knew why and never had anything but kind words with both neighbors. I still have not seen the video and if they think I have have a drug problem...shown no compassion.

They have revealed the videos to neighbors and pretended from the other neighbor house that it was being broadcasted (not sure if I got that footage as it's hard sitting in a hotel too on too embarrassed and humiliated to tell my family or friends. I'm going this allow and frightened for my kids to see it.

The neighbor across the street she is now calling me druggie whore and yelling leave. Her husband (which I have video of) told them to stop harassing me and said he was calling the cops. I really do think him for being a kind human being because my spirit was almost completely broken. He tried and I can't thank him enough. My neighborhood consists of the posse out to run me out of town, the ones that just watch and the ones that completely ignore the entire thing (including someone I used to call a close friend)

I bought this house california in a city located in San Bernardino county. I pay for everything myself and depend on my income which barely gets me by. I have been teaching for 24 years and scared how this will effect my job with them releasing illegally taken video and acting as if the info they giving is fact.

I am losing money as I had to cancel Airbnb rentals for the next 3 months so I wasn't cancelling on people last minute. The last couple to stay witnessed the verbal harassment. It was uncomfortable I'm just grateful they where a very kind understanding couple (I still have their contact info.) this is another form of income I'm losing

i have been unable to sell things on the market place, let go and offer up apps and frightened to go to the door two days ago pissed off a customer there to buy a printer. My reviews for the last 3 1/2 years have been stellar at 5 stars and I'm afraid this will also effect my income along with my good standings. This is the day they were showing the video to other neighbors

I'm scared, depressed, feel trapped and watched and continually harassed in my own home, in angry hurt and in shock by their actions and regardless of what they think of me (I can here them also embellish, tell half truths/half lies and completely lie to the other neighbors. No one has asked me if this is true or about the video no one has knocked on my door to check on my state of mind and only one person (to no avail) has tried to stop them.

I'm not sure if I should call the cops because my ex who I'm not on the best of terms with works for this department in a surrounding city. I did tell the neighbor On my door bell cam to please call but they harassed the hell out of him and he never called. He did hang in there for awhile and this is a scary bunch.

I sit in a hotel writing these to legal groups, websites, firms in California as to what. Hold be done and what I should do. I can't afford to keep staying in hotels but I needed to regroup.

now that I educated my self more (he was able to see things on my cell and iPad which where revealed by his comments. Damage is done but at least I have them securely protected now.

Do I have a case? The only time they leave me alone somewhat is when I walk around with a recording device. They still whisper as instructed by the 20 something year old but I can take my poor dog out to pee. I can't live like this and my biggest concern and all that matters to me is how this will effect my children one in her teens and the other in his 20's in college

sorry for the rambling...this is emotional for me and I want to give the facts so far and account of the evidence I do have...I still haven't checked 70% of what might be audible. Please any suggestion I'm willing to do what it takes to stop them and let others see the effects of these violations of my rights and especially my privacy and how we live in America where this is part of what makes it so great....it's not perfect but the most fair and just system in the world. How can they not see this not what you do to people. I didn't kill or steal or physically hurt someone. I'm by no means perfect but what occurred did in the privacy of my own home in my bedroom and they were ready and knew where they could record and get footage. Absolutely frightening

My neighbor video taped me when I doing things privately in my room. I had my windows covered maybe a crack in an area where no one is suppose to be in the wash area behind our homes. Only the city and workers are suppose to be back there but after revealing the tape to the neighborhood and harassing me to no end i am now aware they get to each other's houses that way and harass me from back there as well.

This all started about a week ago. I am the home owner and I don't feel safe in my own home. I'm not up to date on technology and this 25 year old had me on the verge of a literal breakdown where I contemplated the unthinkable. Using I believe infrared camera technology and growing up next door to the house I bought he is aware of the entire lay out. He was also removing something with ladder between our houses as I ran out to get away from the torture. He may have been doing it to try and freak me out but I believe there is more to it. He can also hear me say things when im in the center of my house. Which I tested by saying awful thinks and the next day he was telling the neighbor that I'm a mean bitch. I'm assuming there's a device to echo or magnify because I've heard him use it to berate and belittle me outside.

They recorded me in my bedroom using my vibrator and smoking something they are saying is an illegal substance. They have showed the video to they neighbors and laugh as they say outloud look here on google she's such a disgusting tweaker. I have not seen the video and again so t know what or where it was recoded with but I cover my windows. I also have a number of mirrors and may have unknowingly through yet still a small space been through the mirror reflection.

I have video of some of the harassment where they have formed their little posse to run me out of town. Complete mob mentality style. They have deemed themselves judge and jury and you can here the screams to get out and how I need to move immediately which I plan on after This is resolved and hopefully a court will see the how my rights were completely violated and I was harassed to no end. I have recording of her son saying I wouldn't know how to recording because I'm such a stupid bitch he said that several times which I have on tape my front door doorbell cam which he knows I have it apparently didn't think I knew how to work it. He's also heard scene to whisper is awful things to me to dehumanize me what is the purpose of that in my opinion and the whispering he said so the cameras would not pick up on what they were saying to me. When I asked them from my house why would you be whispering if you think this is legal or ok in any fashion. I was saying please stop because this is not ok.

so I been recorded in my room master bating (which is another thing they make fun of) and smoking what they have said to everyone is an illegal substance

I was harassed before I knew why and never had anything but kind words with both neighbors. I still have not seen the video and if they think I have have a drug problem...shown no compassion.

They have revealed the videos to neighbors and pretended from the other neighbor house that it was being broadcasted (not sure if I got that footage as it's hard sitting in a hotel too on too embarrassed and humiliated to tell my family or friends. I'm going this allow and frightened for my kids to see it.

The neighbor across the street she is now calling me druggie whore and yelling leave. Her husband (which I have video of) told them to stop harassing me and said he was calling the cops. I really do think him for being a kind human being because my spirit was almost completely broken. He tried and I can't thank him enough. My neighborhood consists of the posse out to run me out of town, the ones that just watch and the ones that completely ignore the entire thing (including someone I used to call a close friend)

I bought this house california in a city located in San Bernardino county. I pay for everything myself and depend on my income which barely gets me by. I have been teaching for 24 years and scared how this will effect my job with them releasing illegally taken video and acting as if the info they giving is fact.

I am losing money as I had to cancel Airbnb rentals for the next 3 months so I wasn't cancelling on people last minute. The last couple to stay witnessed the verbal harassment. It was uncomfortable I'm just grateful they where a very kind understanding couple (I still have their contact info.) this is another form of income I'm losing

i have been unable to sell things on the market place, let go and offer up apps and frightened to go to the door two days ago pissed off a customer there to buy a printer. My reviews for the last 3 1/2 years have been stellar at 5 stars and I'm afraid this will also effect my income along with my good standings. This is the day they were showing the video to other neighbors

I'm scared, depressed, feel trapped and watched and continually harassed in my own home, in angry hurt and in shock by their actions and regardless of what they think of me (I can here them also embellish, tell half truths/half lies and completely lie to the other neighbors. No one has asked me if this is true or about the video no one has knocked on my door to check on my state of mind and only one person (to no avail) has tried to stop them.

I'm not sure if I should call the cops because my ex who I'm not on the best of terms with works for this department in a surrounding city. I did tell the neighbor On my door bell cam to please call but they harassed the hell out of him and he never called. He did hang in there for awhile and this is a scary bunch.

I sit in a hotel writing these to legal groups, websites, firms in California as to what. Hold be done and what I should do. I can't afford to keep staying in hotels but I needed to regroup.

now that I educated my self more (he was able to see things on my cell and iPad which where revealed by his comments. Damage is done but at least I have them securely protected now.

Do I have a case? The only time they leave me alone somewhat is when I walk around with a recording device. They still whisper as instructed by the 20 something year old but I can take my poor dog out to pee. I can't live like this and my biggest concern and all that matters to me is how this will effect my children one in her teens and the other in his 20's in college

sorry for the rambling...this is emotional for me and I want to give the facts so far and account of the evidence I do have...I still haven't checked 70% of what might be audible. Please any suggestion I'm willing to do what it takes to stop them and let others see the effects of these violations of my rights and especially my privacy and how we live in America where this is part of what makes it so great....it's not perfect but the most fair and just system in the world. How can they not see this not what you do to people. I didn't kill or steal or physically hurt someone. I'm by no means perfect but what occurred did in the privacy of my own home in my bedroom and they were ready and knew where they could record and get footage. Absolutely frightening

i just read my rambling and my apologies to anyone trying to help . If there are any questions or anything I need to make more clear, please feel free to ask me. The emotion and the tears have been non stop and reading things back before I send It at times is almost unbearable.

Making the recording was a criminal offense. If you aren't willing to report it to the police well, that's up to you, but it's a much better choice than litigation that will cost you thousands and take a year or two to get through the courts.

i just read my rambling and my apologies to anyone trying to help . If there are any questions or anything I need to make more clear, please feel free to ask me. The emotion and the tears have been non stop and reading things back before I send It at times is almost unbearable.

You are doing exactly what these persons what you to do. You are letting paranoia take over your life and you are acting accordingly. The best action now is to go back to your house and live normally and ignore all else around you.

The sad fact is that there are people that will willingly try to destroy someone else because they can. Don't let them. Grow a tough skin and get back to normal.

Back