My loser boyfriend won't leave my house please HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdra22

What can i do to kick out my loser boyfriend? We've been together for 11 years and have grown apart. We live separate lives but in same home.We have a child together. I've been telling him to leave but he won't. What can I do to kick him out? Please help me and tell me what my legal rights are and what I need to do to get him out? The house is in my name only. All the recent verbal abuse Is starting to affect our child. I can't take this anymore.

It all depends on the laws in your un-named state. If he has contributed to the household, or is on the lease or mortgage, then kicking him out will be tough. You might need to either evict him, or move out yourself.

- Carl

Please Help Me!!

the house is in my name. He just lives here.. He doesnt work, but side jobs every once in a great while with his friends. He doesn't contribute to anything. What steps do I need to take to kick him out? All we do is argue and he told me he wasnt leaving after I frquently tell him to leave. He tells me to what i have to do to get him out..

You might have to look up the landlord tenant laws in your state but I would start by giving him a 30 day notice to move out. Laws vary in each state but you might have to go to court and actually get an eviction order. tell him if he is not out in 30 days the locks are getting changed.

What state do you live in?

- Carl

I live in illinois and have lived with my girlfriend for 27 years. The house is in her name only but over the course of the 27 years we have raised a child together, I have literally re-built the entire house, including but not limited to replacing all floors, replacing the entire stair case, removing and replacing 90 % of the walls, rebuilding the entire front and side porches. Npw that my son os leaving for college she wants me to just leave with nothing but my clothing. This just can't be right

I live in illinois and have lived with my girlfriend for 27 years. The house is in her name only but over the course of the 27 years we have raised a child together, I have literally re-built the entire house, including but not limited to replacing all floors, replacing the entire stair case, removing and replacing 90 % of the walls, rebuilding the entire front and side porches. Npw that my son os leaving for college she wants me to just leave with nothing but my clothing. This just can't be right

It may not be fair, but it is the law.
You are no longer wanted or needed.
I suggest you vacate the premises as requested.
What if you don't?
She might move to evict you.
If she does, she'll win.
Who stays where they aren't wanted?
Only dummies.
Do the right thing, or wait, and have a judge order you to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back