My Lawyer Screwed Me !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

metsfour

This is about a divorce that has been going on. I live in Florida now but the divorve is in NY where i lived most of my life and where the wife is.
At 1st i had a pendente lite ordered on me because i failed to reply. ( i had a staus hearing shortly after i recieved it and i thought i would be able to discuss it there) I was not able to discuss it and they ordered me with crazy amounts of money based on lies my wife told.
Then, i had worked out a settlement to give my wife everything, the house and child support for 1 child. they gave me 30 days to move out and then the trial would be 5 days later. Well, i couldn't find a place to live in that short time so they voided the agreement.
Now, the lawyer had told me not to go to the trial because he said if i go to NY i would get locked up for not paying the child support that was in arrears from the pendente lite. So they had a trial without me or him being there. So there was a decision after inquest which you can imagine all the lies that were told. So they have me owing $65,000 back alimony and child support, $25,000 in her legal fee's, $62,000 in money from a bank account that i had already split it in half with her, $10,000 per year for life in alimony, and $500 per week in Child Support for 2 kids of which one of them lives with me !!!!
They computed my income from a an online dating site where i posted i made $100,000 per year, of which i really do not, i am presently unemployed and have been for the past 2 years. I live with my older children who pay all the bills because they are doing well and wanted to do this for me.
So my big dilema is, WHAT CAN I DO NOW !!!!

I appreciate any knowledgable help....

Last edited:
Thank you for the kind thoughts. Im trying to come up with money for an appeal. Anyone know of any lawyers that will do this for a reduced fee?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back