1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

My in laws

Discussion in 'Other Family Law Matters' started by Mustapha, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Mustapha

Mustapha Law Topic Starter New Member

Thank you very much.

Than

2. leslie82

leslie82 Well-Known Member

I have posted...it's just pretty dead. Not too many recent posts. I imagine tumbleweeds would blow through if it was an actual place...

3. ElleMD

ElleMD Well-Known Member

You married your wife for some reason. This is the person YOU chose to make your family. If she is truly some sort of evil, awful, spiteful and hateful person who treats all others with disdain and contempt, then you chose poorly and should divorce and be done.

OR, you could try talking to your wife, with the help of a counselor perhaps, find out why there is resentment toward your family. Me thinks it is not that your mother is all sweetness and light and your wife is just mean to her for funsies. After all, she already knows you will take her side and that this woman will be staying with you for months at a time every year. It is natural to feel closer to one's own family they grew up with than those they did not, but you both seem to have a fair amount of resentment for each others families and you are still fully blaming your wife without even considering that maybe she feels put upon with extra guests, or your mother isn't as blameless as you think.