My husband left now refuses to pay bills

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginablue

My jurisdiction is: new jersey

I live in NJ. My husband fell in love with one of my best friends and has moved out to live with his father. He promised to pay the household bills and told me not to worry he would take care of me & my 9 year old son. There is no way that he is coming back. I think he is planning on marrying her when she gets a divorce. He makes $125,000 a year as a fireman and has all control of the bank accounts. He has been wining and dining his new girlfriend and spending all kinds of money for motels, trips and jewelry. Now after a year he has stopped paying the household bills that include morgage, car etc. I have no equatiy in the house and all my credit cards are maxed out. I have been to a lawyer and they want a retainer. What are my legal rights? I was told my husband makes to much for me to get discounted legal help and I dont have money to give to a lawyer. I dont even have any money for gas. I have been out looking for a job but have no education and having a hard time. Can I go to family court to represent myself? I have no idea what to do. Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back