My husband is trying to take my car because he put the down payment down

J

Jesscorbin33

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
The car is in my name I'm making payments.I put him out for cheating. He paid the down payment on the car. He takes the car and disappear for days causing Mr to miss work and lost of job. I have the car now and he's making threats to come and take it. Do I have to give him the car it's in my name only.he had no licence

No, you don't have to give him the car if your name is the only name on the title.

Seems to me like you need to file for divorce and get a restraining order on him ASAP.

You're foolish to let this go on any longer.

The car is in my name I'm making payments.I put him out for cheating. He paid the down payment on the car. He takes the car and disappear for days causing Mr to miss work and lost of job. I have the car now and he's making threats to come and take it. Do I have to give him the car it's in my name only.he had no licence
If your husband, who has no license, takes your car again, call the police and explain that your husband took your car without your permission and that he is an unlicensed driver!

It doesn't matter that he made the down payment - if your name is the only one on the title, you do not have to give him the car. If he makes threats to take it, tell him you will call the police if he follows through.

Back