My husband is trying to make me loose the house

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpa1969

Hi all,

I am trying to refinance my house and it is not working. What else can I do to keep the house? I need to buy him out so he can leave. His things are in the basement and he is staying in a hotel. I am paying all the bills in the house including the ones that he let build up which is not good for my refinance. When I ask him for the money he says he does not have it.

My income is not 100% right now but it will be this year. I am graduating in two semesters and have a job lined up already.

To increase my income I am renting the basement out but this was not acceptable for the refinancing company. They said it needs to be a separate unit, so I can not use it as income. I am also getting child support for my son and working weekends.

My husband and I have a daughter that he is going to pay child support for but after he leaves. I feel that he is already gone and trying to use the back and forth thing so he does not pay child support. How can I find out if he is staying in another place?

You are going to have to probably find a full time job so that you can get accepted for financing. Also there are loans you can do that do not require you to prove any income but the interest rates on these are higher and generally they do not loan 100% LTV. Have you inquired about that?

Do you have a signed lease agreement with this renter, or do you have any cancelled checks? His rent should still count as income.

If you are unable to refi the home then it should eventually be sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back