My Grandchild Endangered

Status
Not open for further replies.

holiday8

My daughter, who currently lives in Oregon has untreated Bipolar disorder. She is leading a very unsettled life, moving from state to state, getting into conflicts with people, etc. She is not taking her meds. Some of her behavior has placed her in danger of possible arrest. Recently her child was taken from her and placed in a temporary foster home. She is fighting to get it back, but has not been successful. In my opinion, she is not competent to raise a child. As the child's grandmother, living in Florida, how can I go about getting custody of the baby?

Last edited:
Where is the father here? Have you been on contact with the case worker? You being out of state has a huge disadvantage. Are there any other relatives close by that can ask for custody? At any rate you need to contact an Oregon attorney ASAP.

The father is abusive and unreliable. I have now spoken with child protective services in the state of Oregon. I am waiting to hear from them about possible solutions.

Dad rights trumps yours, if paternity was established anyways. If it wasn't then he is a legal stranger to the child. Hopefully an attorney in Oregon can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back