My friend needs HELP with her case.

Jurisdiction
Missouri
My friend had gotten a attorney to file claim for her injury, on the job. She had to get knee replacement. Along with the agony of surgery, healing, then getting back into schedule of life, single mother of 2 girls who I might add are a huge help, but they are constantly giving up dates of going and hanging with their friends to help take care of their mother. Who has been now deemed at permanently disabled. The attorney who finally returns her calls as to what is being negotiate or mentioned about settlement. Gets a check in the mail for $100.00 and when calling his office to ask what this is for? Is told it is what was left of the $5000.00 offered settlement. "?"
Then is told that she still owes $800.00 for copies and mailing. But is going to file a 2ND injury fund claim. So my friend gets a date at attorney general office for deposition. Not only does this attorney show up 1 hour late with the excuse he thought it was being held 3 hours away at another location. But doesn't have yet still the answer of how much the first settlement was? He would get that answer to them as soon as he got back to his office. I this guy on drugs and has he spent my friends funds, who is barely getting by.

Wow, sad story, but still a cool Internet story. Drugs are bad, don't abuse drugs.

1512668393978599495021.jpg
Wow, sad story, but still a cool Internet story. Drugs are bad, don't abuse drugs.
Thanks, My girlfriend has been made to feel that the answer that he has given her should just suffice and she doesn't know what direction to go in or who to place a trust. I'm sitting at her house with her at this moment and I'd like to send you the cover letter he sent to her. I told her I would ask someone what they thought?

View attachment 1567
Thanks, My girlfriend has been made to feel that the answer that he has given her should just suffice and she doesn't know what direction to go in or who to place a trust. I'm sitting at her house with her at this moment and I'd like to send you the cover letter he sent to her. I told her I would ask someone what they thought?

The letter is very clear, if one believes it contents.

I can't comment further without seeing more documents which i don't wish to see.

Based upon what I read in the letter, I would advise you to suggest to your friend that she take all of her documents and seek a consultation/review by attorneys unfamiliar with her case.

Based upon what those attorneys recommend, your friend could then proceed accordingly.

According to what I read in the letter, her attorney is cautioning her about proceeding, and admonishes her that she and the attorney have discussed the matter at length.

The letter is very clear, if one believes it contents.

I can't comment further without seeing more documents which i don't wish to see.

Based upon what I read in the letter, I would advise you to suggest to your friend that she take all of her documents and seek a consultation/review by attorneys unfamiliar with her case.

Based upon what those attorneys recommend, your friend could then proceed accordingly.

According to what I read in the letter, her attorney is cautioning her about proceeding, and admonishes her that she and the attorney have discussed the matter at length.
Thank You. I have personally been witness to a large portion of what events have transpired and due to what my knowledge is to them there are some of what he states just simply hasn't happened.
And I agree she should definitely seek out some other council. Thank You again

Back