Assault & Battery My father was stabbed by his wife, and she was not arrested

Concerned76

My father was the victim of a stabbing assault by his wife. He warned many people before the incident that she would try and kill him. No arrests have been made, and the detectives refuse to interview anyone. We subsequently contacted the chief of police, as well as the district attorney, which has only led to the officers getting angry. My father has been hospitalized for the past 5 weeks, and continues to suffer from an anoxic brain injury. No one seems to care about justice in this matter, as the woman is still living in his house. What should we do to ensure justice is served?

My father was the victim of a stabbing assault by his wife. He warned many people before the incident that she would try and kill him. No arrests have been made, and the detectives refuse to interview anyone. We subsequently contacted the chief of police, as well as the district attorney, which has only led to the officers getting angry. My father has been hospitalized for the past 5 weeks, and continues to suffer from an anoxic brain injury. No one seems to care about justice in this matter, as the woman is still living in his house. What should we do to ensure justice is served?

You can retain an attorney to ensure your beloved father receives justice.
The authorities and the local "bosses" often ignore "just folks", but they begin to listen when a community BIG SHOT speaks, a local organization, a local church group, or if you retain an attorney to represent your interests.

Also consider the possibility that things did not occur as you believe they did.
Also understand that law enforcement can only act on the information they have.
It is possible that the District Attorney is reviewing the matter and may issue a warrant later. Sometimes it takes awhile for justice to catch up.

Contact an attorney. Is there anyway you can remove your Father from the house for his safety?

Contact an attorney. Is there anyway you can remove your Father from the house for his safety?

It appears, Betty, that their dad has been hospitalized for the last five weeks.
The poster said dad has been diagnosed with a noxious brain injury.
If that's true, he's in a coma.
Our son, James, suffered that way for ten years!
All in all, this is a very sad state of affairs.

I read that wrong/too fast. I was thinking it was saying he had been hospitalized for 5 weeks but now is back home.

Yep, very sad.

You can seek a court order to protect dad ... you can remove dad from the home (assuming he is out of the hospital or will be) ... you can continue to stay in touch with the appropriate authorities.

But, has been stated, you do not know what happened. If the police had a version of events that did NOT indicate that she was an aggressor (such as dad came after her), then she may not be charged. We cannot possibly know what the police have been told and what their investigation uncovered. As was mentioned, it could be that the matter is still being investigated and a warrant or other action may be forthcoming. Best bet might be to help dad with legal counsel.

Back