My drivers license expires on Friday and name on my birth certificate is different

Status
Not open for further replies.

cutiepie777

from every other form of identification I have for the past 43 years! I changed my first name in 1969
and went by it since then. My social security card, voters registration, utility bills, current lease, credit
cards, insurance cards, etc., etc. all indicate the name I chose to use way back then. Everybody knew
and knows me by my current name, but I never changed it legally.

Now my birthday is coming very soon, and my drivers license expires and I wasn't able to renew online
as I was so sure I would be because I had done it online once before. So now I have to go in person
to the DMV and show all the documents I have, (except the birth certificate which I ordered/paid for
online and am still awaiting receipt) and I have to ask for an Extension so I can receive the Birth
Certificate. Now, here's where I might have a problem and I desperately need help with this. When
I go this week to a local DMV office (I scheduled an appointment but they were full and gave me one
for 19 days after the expiration date of my drivers license), and request an Extension, I am very worried
that if I tell them that my given birth name on my B.C. is NOT the one I have been called for all these
years, that the DMV will not issue me a temporary permit or license for 60 days until which time I can
acquire the B.C. in the mail and also get my name legally changed in the Courts, which I full intend
to do.

Please assist and advise what I can do and what I am able to do?

Thank you so much in advance.

from every other form of identification I have for the past 43 years! I changed my first name in 1969
and went by it since then. My social security card, voters registration, utility bills, current lease, credit
cards, insurance cards, etc., etc. all indicate the name I chose to use way back then. Everybody knew
and knows me by my current name, but I never changed it legally.

Now my birthday is coming very soon, and my drivers license expires and I wasn't able to renew online
as I was so sure I would be because I had done it online once before. So now I have to go in person
to the DMV and show all the documents I have, (except the birth certificate which I ordered/paid for
online and am still awaiting receipt) and I have to ask for an Extension so I can receive the Birth
Certificate. Now, here's where I might have a problem and I desperately need help with this. When
I go this week to a local DMV office (I scheduled an appointment but they were full and gave me one
for 19 days after the expiration date of my drivers license), and request an Extension, I am very worried
that if I tell them that my given birth name on my B.C. is NOT the one I have been called for all these
years, that the DMV will not issue me a temporary permit or license for 60 days until which time I can
acquire the B.C. in the mail and also get my name legally changed in the Courts, which I full intend
to do.

Please assist and advise what I can do and what I am able to do?

Thank you so much in advance.

This is POST-911, and the government stooges have become paranoid.

Don't get your hopes up that the government thugs will assist you.

The government thugs are there to spite and inhibit you.

If there is any recourse for you, it is through the court system.

Yeah, that isn't encouraging and it is expensive.

If you're smart, you won't risk it by driving until you get this cleared corrected.

But, without DIVINE intervention, a license may not be something in your immediate future.

To "Army Judge" whoever you are: While your profile states that you are/were a retired army attorney and judge,
I do not appreciate your rude, curt, and clearly unprofessional and unknowledgeable response to my question. I
am genuinely seeking help on this law site, and unlike you, there are many qualified and legitimate attorneys who
who can properly and correctly answer my question. You, I find, quite upsetting and borderline harrassing. That
said, the only part of the response I concur with is where you stated "Divine intervention" which of course, I always
depend on. I have seen other members respond with the same sentiment I have to your rude, obnoxious attempts
to "help" others.

To "Army Judge" whoever you are: While your profile states that you are/were a retired army attorney and judge,
I do not appreciate your rude, curt, and clearly unprofessional and unknowledgeable response to my question. I
am genuinely seeking help on this law site, and unlike you, there are many qualified and legitimate attorneys who
who can properly and correctly answer my question. You, I find, quite upsetting and borderline harrassing. That
said, the only part of the response I concur with is where you stated "Divine intervention" which of course, I always
depend on. I have seen other members respond with the same sentiment I have to your rude, obnoxious attempts
to "help" others.

Okay, so you've vented.
Do you believe your opinion of me matters to me?
It doesn't.
I answered your question.
I didn't provide you with legal advice.
I'm not your attorney.
Your concurrence or dismissal of my answer is as significant to me as monkey poo.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk HD

Well, I see how much it doesn't matter to you that I refuted your response! You somehow impeded my access to this
site and with every reset of a new password you stop me from loggin in! And the passwords that are given are nasty!
And don't deny it and say I don't know what I am talking about. Oh, and FYI, I have consulted with a couple of qualified
attorneys in my area and was given very amiable and informative counsel on how to accomplished the name change.
I cannot believe how venomous you are; you can surely dish it out but you can't take it, obviously. Poo Poo Monkey
Doo to you!

Well, I see how much it doesn't matter to you that I refuted your response! You somehow impeded my access to this
site and with every reset of a new password you stop me from loggin in! And the passwords that are given are nasty!
And don't deny it and say I don't know what I am talking about. Oh, and FYI, I have consulted with a couple of qualified
attorneys in my area and was given very amiable and informative counsel on how to accomplished the name change.
I cannot believe how venomous you are; you can surely dish it out but you can't take it, obviously. Poo Poo Monkey
Doo to you!

I didn't block you from this (or any other) website, although I thought about it.
If you persist in your abusive, derisive, condescending, and demeaning behavior; you will be blocked, permanently.
You've gotten the information you desired from other sources, I'm happy for you.
I'm not here to "take it", or to do anything other than provide minimal legal information (as a volunteer), not legal advice.
Good luck!

Last edited:
Ultimately, you waited until the last minute to address this, instead of taking care of it leisurely. Procrastination on your part, does not constitute and emergency on anyone elses.

Ultimately, you waited until the last minute to address this, instead of taking care of it leisurely. Procrastination on your part, does not constitute and emergency on anyone elses. This includes the state

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back