My apartment flooded

bkb1229

Jurisdiction
Colorado
I live in a quad-plex, one of the neighbors left the faucet running behind the building, the water ran down through a crack in the concrete patio and flooded my apartment, the room that flooded had many boxes, furniture and personal items ( we are moving July 31st) The landlord has two blowers in the room using my electric, what is the landlords responsibility as far as the loss of our personal goods, are we, as the innocent parties here, up the river without a paddle?

The landlord owes you no duty for the errors, omissions, or negligent acts of others.

You, on the other hand, protect yourself and your stuff by BUYING renters insurance for around $30 to $50 a month.

The landlord owes you no duty for the errors, omissions, or negligent acts of others.

You, on the other hand, protect yourself and your stuff by BUYING renters insurance for around $30 to $50 a month.
We have it, unfortunately it is a $1000 deductible. Thanks for your response.

We have it, unfortunately it is a $1000 deductible. Thanks for your response.

Well, there you go.
As for the one grand, you can sue the person you believe was at fault, your neighbor.

Small claims is your option.

Once you get there, you'll just have to convince the judge you're the victim, and your negjbor is the villain.

Of course, your neighbor will argue to the contrary, the judge will decide.

We have it, unfortunately it is a $1000 deductible.

Why?

People have deductible choices when they buy insurance, usually $250 or $500 as well at $1000.

Why did you choose $1000?

Or didn't you even know it was that high until this claim? Which could be explained by having not read your policy when you got it.

Back