Multiple Problems-long...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissLee

Okay, so I have multiple issues and no money for a lawyer, trying to figure out what I can do for myself.

Summary of what is going on: In May 08 I signed over temporary custody of my son and daughter. My son went with my moms ex husband who I grew up thinking was my dad. My daughter went with her fathers mom, even though they live in the same house, she wanted temporary custody.She also had me sign papers saying her son could have primary custody and I could only have supervised visits, however, she has never filed these papers. At the time, they made me think this was the best thing for my kids, so I signed the papers. I moved to Idaho where my mom is to start over at the end of May and get my kids back. They refused to let me take them, so I had to wait for the court date so I could tell the judge I wanted to withdraw my consent. I didnt find out about the court date until a week before, which wasnt enough time to get to Florida. I called and was on phone conversation with him, but the judge didnt care because of my lack of appearance. Actually I wasnt served with the papers until the night before the court date. So the judge granted them temporary custody.

Fast forward to now, my son is back with me, because my moms ex husband agreed and we filed a joint stipulation. Though, I find out that my sons biological father who hasnt seen him since he was 6 months old, has filed a motion of temporary injunction saying he doesnt want me leaving the state of florida with my son because it isnt in his best interest. I somehow think that my moms ex has put him up to this, but that doesnt really matter. I am already back in Idaho with my son, and I have not been served, but I have got a copy of the paper he filed. What can he do? That is my first issue.

My second issue, is that my moms ex husband, who claims to be a grandparent on all of these court documents, has in our joint stipulation that he is to get "weekly phone conversations with my son, a 30 day visit per year in florida with my son, and if at any time i cant provide him with a loving stable home, he be returned to his custody". I just feel like this can be held over my head, I mean can he really do that? He isnt my sons father.

And my third issue, my daughter. :( Sorry, the past 8 months have been so hard. So her grandmother has her as far as custody goes, she has temporary custody. But her father has put me on child support for her. Well, I want my daughter back. And I also dont want to pay child support to someone who doesnt even have custody, though child support doesnt give a rip. They hardly ever return my phone calls, he lives with his mother, doesnt have a job, his mother is pretty much raising her right now, and I really want her back, the only problem I have is she has those papers that I signed saying he can have primary custody, and the fact that I live in another state might hurt my chances I think. So how do I get my daughter back?

Just to add, I was never married to either of my childrens fathers. Any questions, please ask because I really could usse some answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back