Multiple Exes

Status
Not open for further replies.

iwood51

I pay my obligatory 17% for my son to my ex-wife. Now my current wife wants me to leave (go figure, I thought I had it right this time !!) We have two daughters, do I have to pay 17% (1 kid) to my first wife and 25% to my second wife (2 kids) or 29% for three kids split between them, this would mean my first wife would only get 10% and the second wife 19% or thereabouts. Either way it's going to financially kill me. :mad:

I haven't been able to find the answer to this anywhere.

BTW This is NY State

I don't know. From my understanding the awards are based upon your income as well as a number of factors that may also include the income of your current wife (and soon to be ex). This seems like a complex question that would need to have all factors added in and most likely determined in your preparation of the divorce and support with your attorney. It may involve a support agreement. I think this is the appropriate answer but let me know if I'm misunderstanding what you are asking.

My current wife works a couple of nights waitressing off the books so she has no establishable income. I already have a child support agreement for my son from my first wife. I guess I would need to have that adjusted and create a new agreement for my daughters. I hate this crap, especially from being through it once already. Is there anyone at family court that could give me an answer before I consult a lawyer?
My main question is will I end up paying 42% or 29% of my income? 29% sucks, but 42% of my gross coming out of my net pay and non-tax-deductible would devastate me financially.

You would want to bring up your wife's off-the-books income during a support agreement, of course. Just because she isn't reporting this income on her taxes doesn't mean that you should be penalized. This may induce a more reasonable settlement.

Given all of the variables, I think you can see how difficult it would be for anyone to give you any percentage that could be meaningful without all the relevant facts and details. I'd not worry about the number until you are at that bridge and then decide how to cross... doesn't pay to make yourself sick over what you may eventually need to pay. Hope you are optimistic and truly wish you the best of luck with your situation.

being that there is already a child support order with your first child, they will total your gross income, deduct what you pay in support already, and then determine your support on your adjusted gross income. Also take into consideration, if you supply their health insurance, what type of custody etc.....Good Luck

In this state, they do consider health insurance as "deductable", but as my name is also on the insurance, I only get credit for half of what it costs me monthly.

I'm not gonna mess up your thread, but there really needs to be work done with rights of non-custodial <<Spelling>> parents!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back