Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication multiple 647-F , Drunk in Public

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarlosAnthony

afternoon all. Ive been verifiable targeted by a small group of Redondo Beach PD. ive amassed 9 disorderlys and drunk in publics in less than a year. each time i demanded a breath and or blood test to prove my innocence, of course they laughed and said i got no right. Sadly i think this is true. However officers repeatedly used force since they are attempting me to stay out of a small district part of Redondo. Im not easily intimidated, as with them, however i end up with the ticket :( ... back to the story, ive X-Ray papers showing bruise damage due to repetitve knees to the side WHILE cuffed and face down on concrete. 1 time the taser laser lights where on my chest and neck as i looked up at the superior. My left hand has been numb for a week due to cuffs damaging my left wrist. X-rays however cant prove this. Also recently while walking down the street, 2 units picked me up and charged me with 2nd degree robbery. After 1 1/2 days in jail, they dropped charge ( cause it wasnt me ), however they still decided to throw in a Disorderly. And the day i was cited out was 3 days AFTER the incident. They actually had me sweating a little. I felt so helpless and am contemplating pressing suit against the city. my public defender is doing his best, however he mentions my multiple "SUMMARY probation" violations due to these cases, will be what the Judge looks at. Even though im simply being targeted. Im become an embarrassment to my family, friends, and its painful to have friends keep their distance from me, mostly due to the "serious" appearing nature of my situation. Yes, i enjoy drinking, but do not become violent. Perhaps the officers are simply tired of seeing me have a good time on the beach, and they want me GONE. However im willing to take this as far as i can, my self respect and dignity only makes me stronger. Thank you for any responses.

follow up.

Also, i have been around the courts. Torrance is the one i usually end up. South Bay California. They represent somewhat wealthy beach cities as well as several secluded gated cities. Torrance is known for having very strict judges ( their traffic one being the WORST ), however i have been treated kindly from several Torrance judges in the past. With these cases piling up, my reputation has quickly deteriorated. I have the thickest folder in the courtroom!!! and its just drunk in publics!!! usually its a fine im aware of and the 6 hour hold constitutes 'time served' ... however with these multiple probation violations (even though its summary), my position is getting tighter and tighter. Which is why im thinking of filing suit against the Redondo and Torrance police departments. Prosecutor first wanted me to do 120 days. California maintains the 10% rule and i'd do about 2 weeks tops. I laughed at that and said im taking ALL to trial. Defender then said " ok ok , 1 year of AA " ... However just 3 to 4 weeks after that date, is when 3 to 4 more 647-F's found their way into my hand. The officers laugh at me, ridicule, and even spread hurtful rumors. I have evidence that off duty officers follow me. I dont drive and either walk, bike, bus. I know the game, and my face is simply a thorn to them and their job as patrolmen. Public Defenders are overworked im aware, and i cant depend FULLY on him to do the same as a high paid attorney can provide me. Im being threatened with a Judge who wants to throw the book at me simply because my folder is so thick and we can only imagine what ideas are running through the prosecution and judges head. But im confident if the facts are known, i will be cleared. I do admit to being drunk a couple times, and i AM the type to open my mouth, which i realize is UNINTELLIGENT. However, im a reasonable man dealing with officers who know no such word, as they have a job to do. I just wish they would do it more by the book. Thank you again. I await any comments. :)

You lost most every opportunity to pursue a viable case when you pled guilty or were convicted.
I suggest you think about ways to avoid any contact with the police.
You can't win when you're in the wrong.

I have no Plea yet, we've been extending it as im declining every offer ive been given. There is NO plea yet. Thanks for your response. And yes, im not going to my usual beach spots anymore. These officers have it out for me. I simply dont want to let them believe they got the upper hand on me. What you think now ??? And yes, im in the wrong as to the fact as i do drink, and have many many cases. Its not good i know. I just wanna little hope, hahaha. And we all know hope is useless. Its knowing the facts.

i havent pled guilty to anything. But the court and judge are simply growing anxious to get my outta their schedule. Im there every week getting extension. You know the game im sure.

prosecutor will attempt to prove ive a substance issue and or a threat to society, in which yes, the judge may throw the book, but i DO know better than most defendants, and i wont be pushed around. My Pub Dfnder even told me recently, i need to give the court something to extend my pretrial dates even further. Perhaps AA and or Anger Management classes. You know how it goes. Thanks for your help.

im simply attempting now to gather incriminating evidence against the responsible officers for my injuries, and possibly any witnesses that may be used to confirm my notion that officers are actively seeking me. Court hates trials. Theyre a waste of time and usually result in guilty and or no contest anyways. My city is very tough. and the fact that my folder is growing rapidly....even though these cases are no more than running a red light....they want me :( .... but hey, it beats being in Texas with a marijuana joint!!! j/k. Heard today theyre going to file suit against the soldier who shot up those Afghanis. About time. Americans are so good at demoralizing and dehumanizing foreigners. I blame media of course for this. I only mention that cause i see you claim to have Army experience. Boy. The bureaucracy in THAT system must be Brain Killing and Patience Testing.

You won't be able to make a case against the officers for your injuries. If you were drunk your account of events will be discredited, and if you were disorderly/aggressive and the officers had to use any force to get you to comply then they may well have been justified.
Unless you had documented injuries at the time of the incident or immediately received medical care you will have great difficulty ever proving that the officers caused any injury to you.
It sounds like you are trying to fight a losing battle. Your problem is likely with alcohol, not with the police.

There is no requirement to give you any test of any kind when you are arrested for public intoxication. An officer's observations alone are sufficient. I am not aware of any agency anywhere that performs a sobriety test in these cases since there is no statutory threshold to meet.

If the officer believes you are intoxicated to the point that you can not reasonably care for your own safety or the safety of others then you are likely to find yourself in jail until you sober up. Slurred speech, red/watery eyes, poor balance, the scent of alcoholic beverages... those are the things they look for. If you like to drink as much as you say then those symptoms are likely obvious and pronounced. Even if you are not acting violently you may be intoxicated to the point that you are not able to care for your own safety--- perhaps passed out on the sidewalk.

Don't drink to excess and you will not have these problems. Avoid public places when you are drinking and you will not have these problems.

And last, I have a hard time believing that the officers drew tasers and manhandled you on the ground without you resisting just a little. If you did not comply with verbal orders then you likely resisted arrest. You sound as if you like to challenge them when confronted and that will get you nowhere. If you have an argument to make you make it in court, not on the street.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back