muddy situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

crackle1959

Hi;

This is a question for Canadian law experts if there are any here.

Background;

3 years ago my ex and I seperated, despite many lengthy discussions there is no legal seperation aggreement. She has sole custody of our three kids. She has the familly house and refuses to entertain the thought of selling it, seperating the procedes, paying the bills, and going our seperate ways. I have 1/3 ownership on the land title (the other two are my ex, and my mother). The mortgage is fully paid as of Sept 07. I have not paid child support of $519 per month since the order was issued. The FMEP says I owe her $27,000.00 and have suspended my driver's licence, and have orders to prevent any federal or provincial certificates, licences or passports being issued in my name. They have also placed a lien against my portion of the title in the amount of $10,000.00.

Question;

My ex has asked me several times to sign over my portion of the title to her. I have refused to do this because it's the ONLY equity I possess, and because I suspect that the FMEP would not recognise that as a payment of debt. The value that I have attached to my 1/3 ownership is in the range of $100,000.00 based on the assesed value of the home and derated a bit. My question is, if I do aggree to sign the title over to my ex, is there any way of doing that so that the value of the equity will be seen as a cash transaction?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back