MP3 Search Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

danx10

Hi,

I want some advice, I run a mp3 search engine, where mp3 files are searched and listed, the files are not hosted by me, they are pulled from external sites.

Can you please tell me in which country is this legal in, and in which country it is not?.

Thank You.

Hi,

I want some advice, I run a mp3 search engine, where mp3 files are searched and listed, the files are not hosted by me, they are pulled from external sites.

Can you please tell me in which country is this legal in, and in which country it is not?.
At the very least, you're going to get serious heat from the US to shut you down as a contributory infringer. In Russia there were cases involving the legality of some of these issues but if you're trying to put up a search engine to show where you can commit copyright infringement, you're going to feel heat in whatever country you place your server and you may even get served locally if they find out who owns the domain. Are you in the US? If so, then you're fair game regardless of where your servers are located.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back