Moving ouy

Can I move out of the house at 17?

Of course you can LEAVE a house at age 17, or even 16.

If you mean move away, sorry, you can LEGALLY go anywhere and do what adults do at age 18.

I'm wanting to move in with my 24 year old sister. My parents will not approve. Can I move in with her and my parents not stop me?

I'm wanting to move in with my 24 year old sister. My parents will not approve. Can I move in with her and my parents not stop me?

Yes, you can move in on your 18th birthday, not a moment sooner, unless your parents allow it.

Duplicate posts are annoying and not allowed. I've deleted your other post but moved the responses to this one. In the future, keep all your discussion to this thread.

Yes, precious snowflake, you certainly will be free to leave the home your parents force you live in on your 18th birthday, not one day sooer!!!

You can only do so if your parents agree. One year and 4 months from now, you are free to live anywhere that will have you.

By the way, you may petition the court for emancipation by demonstrating that you earn enough income to pay for housing, food, clothing, medical care and, if applicable, continuing education.

I don't believe that parental consent is required by the court but living with your sister doesn't count, so forget it if that's all you've got and wait until you are 18, when you instantly become smarter than any other adult on the planet and you are able to survive on your own.

No. In Missouri you're not legally allowed to move out of the house at 17 unless you have the permission of your parents. I hope that this is now clear to you.

There is no state where you can legally move out of the house without permission when you are younger than 18. There are a few where you have to be even older, but for Missouri residents the magic number is 18. An anomaly in the Missouri law means that law enforcement may be reluctant to force home a 17 year old who is in a safe place and whose parents know where she is. That is NOT the same thing as it being legal to move out at 17. The same anomaly means that if Mom and Dad come to your sister's and drag your little ass back home where it belongs, law enforcement will not interfere.

You can move out with no threat of being forced back home on the earlier of the day your parents give you permission, or your 18th birthday. And as long as you are under 18, permission to move out can be rescinded at any time.

No you cannot go anywhere that your parents don't allow you to go. If you want to go spend the night and they say yes, you can go. If they say you can move in with her, you can move in with her. But you said that they won't allow you. So until you are the age of majority you CANNOT live with your sister. Once you are a legal adult you can go live wherever you want to live.

Duplicate posts are annoying and not allowed. I've deleted your other post but moved the responses to this one. In the future, keep all your discussion to this thread.

By the way, you may petition the court for emancipation by demonstrating that you earn enough income to pay for housing, food, clothing, medical care and, if applicable, continuing education.

I don't believe that parental consent is required by the court but living with your sister doesn't count, so forget it if that's all you've got and wait until you are 18, when you instantly become smarter than any other adult on the planet and you are able to survive on your own.

I am talking to someone who is 25 and i was wondering if I would move in with him if I was emancipated when i turn 17?

I am talking to someone who is 25 and i was wondering if I would move in with him if I was emancipated when i turn 17?
You are NOT getting emancipated. At all. Ever.

First you said you wanted to live with your 24 year old sister. Now it's a 25 year old man? Why are you talking to a 25 year old man? Why is he hanging out with a 16 year old? How do you know this guy?

When you are the age of majority in your state, you can leave. You can live with anyone you want. Your sister. Some strange man. Anyone. UNTIL then you live where your parents tell you to live. Deal with it.

LOL
You'll never be emancipated, as fewer than 1% of teens across the US are ever emancipated.
You'd do better having someone buy you a lottery ticket.
Like most of us, you're stuck with the parents that bred you, mate.

Missouri does not have a formal procedure to emancipate a minor. If you don't have your parents permission to move out, then you're not moving out. Not until 18. Not even if.

Back