Moving, Movers Moving out

B

Bossladii

Jurisdiction
Florida
Hello,
So i moved into this rental property on 12/15 the lease was signed on 12/12 prior to the walk thru of the home. Later that day I was trying to clean the property turned on the water and realized the water stink and it was dark brown dirty smelled like sewage,come to find out the home is on well water and I wasn't informed.. i called the company and complained they sent a tech out the on 12/29 the issue still wasn't fixed then they sent another tech out on 01/02 to to clear up the water the water is still nt clear all the way my kids have very sensitive skin they have skin eczema and the salt that I have to put to keep the water clear is hash on my children skin. I called and spoke to the property manager she told me that its my fault because its my responsibility to find out of the water was on well or septic water and that if I want to get out of my lease there will be a penalty. The lease was signed before i did the walk thru I did go look at the home prior to moving in bt I had no idea that the home was on well water didn't know that I had to ask its 2017 I didn't think there would still be homes on well water and for the price im paying rent per month $1625 I feel like someone from the company should've said something had I known I would've never signed the lease. Its a home that I rented and I found everything myself I was nt aware that i had to hire someone to do inspection of the home prior to moving it its not like I was purchasing the home.. is there anything I can do to get out of this lease without a penalty since they had me sign the lease before the walk thru ? I'm desperate to get out of this lease because its affecting the health of my kids. Please help!

is there anything I can do to get out of this lease without a penalty since they had me sign the lease before the walk thru ? I

NO, YOU signed the lease.

By signing the lease, you are obligated to the terms of the lease.

You break the lease, you must pay a negotiated penalty.

I suggest you start discussions and negotiate the penalty to break your lease early with the landlord.

Should you choose to leave and NOT pay the penalty to break the lease, your FICO score will be hammered, and you'll find that renting a decent property will be impossible for decades.

Plus, you will likely be sued for breaking the ease, once more your FICO will get hammered.

Back