Cleaning, Repairs moving out problems

A

akwoo

Jurisdiction
Washington
Hi, I gave my landlord two months notice that we would not be renewing our lease and in our lease it says that we must return the apartment to the status it was when we moved in originally. While we did not repaint the apartment and only hung pictures using quarter inch nails, the landlord had stipulated that we pay a professionally licensed painter to do the repair work. We found a painter and now the landlord is saying that he has to go through him to any repairs and that he can only meet the painter at 9:00 a.m. during he week in which my wife and I both work as teachers. I was wondering is this legal or is this an unreasonable request? He has stated that if the place isn't what he deems back to the way it is when we moved in then he can keep making us pay rent until it is up to his standards but now I feel like he is making it extremely hard for us to do anything like the painting or carpet washing because he has stated that he has to approve everything before we can schedule anything. If I just go ahead and fix the spots where we hung pictures, clean the carpets, and thoroughly clean the apartment; how much can he expect more out of me and does he have any legal repercussions he can inflict on me? On a side note, I am taking pictures of the property of which we only lived in for 10 months before we moved out. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi, I gave my landlord two months notice that we would not be renewing our lease and in our lease it says that we must return the apartment to the status it was when we moved in originally. While we did not repaint the apartment and only hung pictures using quarter inch nails, the landlord had stipulated that we pay a professionally licensed painter to do the repair work. We found a painter and now the landlord is saying that he has to go through him to any repairs and that he can only meet the painter at 9:00 a.m. during he week in which my wife and I both work as teachers. I was wondering is this legal or is this an unreasonable request? He has stated that if the place isn't what he deems back to the way it is when we moved in then he can keep making us pay rent until it is up to his standards but now I feel like he is making it extremely hard for us to do anything like the painting or carpet washing because he has stated that he has to approve everything before we can schedule anything. If I just go ahead and fix the spots where we hung pictures, clean the carpets, and thoroughly clean the apartment; how much can he expect more out of me and does he have any legal repercussions he can inflict on me? On a side note, I am taking pictures of the property of which we only lived in for 10 months before we moved out. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Do yourself a favor, see a licensed lawyer in your county IMMEDIATELY.

No matter what you do or say, your LL is going to try and screw you.

This is no time to play his games, unless you wish to allow him to raid your wallet like Jesse James once did trains.

Back