Motorcycles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelly_Thomas

I want to know where I can find Mortorcycles Laws as they are written for the State of MO and the City of ST Louis. Recently I had a run in with ST Louis Finest about a helmit issue and I want to be clear as to what my rights and privleges are.

Originally posted by Kelly Thomas:
I want to know where I can find Mortorcycles Laws as they are written for the State of MO and the City of ST Louis. Recently I had a run in with ST Louis Finest about a helmit issue and I want to be clear as to what my rights and privleges are.
Apparently they are required in MO. The relevant statute is Section 302.020. this seems like a good page for info:

http://www.sasnet.com/bro/states/missouri/missouri.html

Thanks, Michael for such a quick reply. Maybe I should be a little more specific.

I was taking my bike around the corner to the alley when I got stopped and told to put on my helmet. I explained to the oficer that I was taking the bike in for the night and was no longer riding for that evening. Keep in mind the helmet was on my shoulder at the time. He then proceeded to argue with me about wearing my helmet. So I simply got off the bike took it my yard and left the officer sitting there to argu with himself. Just looking for some insight or someone else's opinion.

Originally posted by Kelly Thomas:
I was taking my bike around the corner to the alley when I got stopped and told to put on my helmet. I explained to the oficer that I was taking the bike in for the night and was no longer riding for that evening. Keep in mind the helmet was on my shoulder at the time. He then proceeded to argue with me about wearing my helmet. So I simply got off the bike took it my yard and left the officer sitting there to argu with himself. Just looking for some insight or someone else's opinion.
Sounds like this officer in particular may have wanted to give you the benefit of his experience. ;) In court I have found that some officers like to show displays of power to let people know that they are "in charge." It's like that in every walk of life... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back