mother wants to put me on land title

Status
Not open for further replies.

janemarie

HI my mother claims indigent status since she does not work and has no income she has a acre of land that she paid off with a inheritance from my grandfather after his death.she is now having medical problems and has incurred several thousand dollars in medical bills and needs surgery. the doctors and the hospital keep giving her the run around while she is getting all the paperwork so she can have the surgery.she has kidney stones in both kidneys and went in to septic shock and nearly died they stabilized her.she is afraid she is going to fall ill again before the surgery and wants to sign my name to her title so they( debt collectors) can not take it, put a lien on it or in case anything happens to her there will be no question to who it goes to. my thoughts are how should she go about this and how will it affect me can they come after me because of her debt because my name is on her title i have alot of apprehensions about this.any suggestions welcome

just have her file a quit claim deed w. the county recorders office( they will help her do this) It has to be filed in the county that the property is in -- If the property is solely in your name-- no they can not go after you, but if she just add's you they can still put a lien on the property.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back