mother in law abused my kids and called dcf on me

Status
Not open for further replies.

efries87

My mother and father and law were quickly running out of portions. Mom in law was recovering from breast cancer and could not make income, father in law could not claim disability or government benefits such as food stamps and medicaid. So they found an opportunity while I was in jail for self defense. They had my kids for one month, meanwhile they burned both my kids on the back with what is to believed a blunt. When I got out of jail my in laws brought my kids back two weeks later. Two days after i found the marks on my children's backs and confronted the marks to my mother in law. She of course denied it and said whatever marks they had were obtained while in my custody. So I told her she could no longer see them. Two days later department of children services showed up with all these accusations that were never found true. My son even told DCF that his papa burned him with a cigarette but DCF never investigated that, and I have been in an open case with united for families for two years now. My children have never been removed from me and the state has never found me to be incompetent or neglectful and also never abusive. But yet the case remains open. What are my options? Can I ask for the names of the accusers that have slandered my good name? Can I file a lawsuit against child services or against my in laws? My mother in law admitted she had someone call. But she only admitted it to me in person.

You can ask, but child services are not obliged to tell you who made the call.

You will not be successful suing child services for investigating.

You were in jail for "self defense"? There is no such animal.

What are my options?

You can retain a lawyer and fight to get your children returned to you.

Can I ask for the names of the accusers that have slandered my good name?

Yes, you can ask. They can, and probably will, ignore you.

Can I file a lawsuit against child services or against my in laws?

Yes, you can file a lawsuit against anyone you wish to sue.

Will you prevail? Highly unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back