Mother giving up paremtal rights in tecas

Status
Not open for further replies.

dupree

I have custody of my daughter which is 16 and she went to visit her dad and now he is taking me to court for medical and child support what are my options to dissolve all my rights since I want out of my life?

I have custody of my daughter which is 16 and she went to visit her dad and now he is taking me to court for medical and child support what are my options to dissolve all my rights since I want out of my life?

You will need to discuss this with a REAL lawyer in your county.

In all likelihood you probably just won't be able to rid yourself of being a mother and absolving yourself of paying CHILD SUPPORT unless you were to do something HORRIBLE and DESPICABLE to your child.

If you did something that EVIL, you're likely to end up in PRISON.

You just can't sign away your children or give them away like kittens.

Even if you are allowed to relinquish your maternal rights, you'll still be OBLIGATED to pay daddy child support.

See a lawyer in your county and discuss this with him or her for REAL, personalized LEGAL advice.

We simply dispense a little wisdom and offer some direction.

Texas is odd on this one. If both parents agree, and if the remaining parent can show that the child won't end up needing state aid, Texas will actually allow the other parent to terminate their rights and obligations effectively leaving only one legal parent.

Having said that, I believe OP slipped up in the wording of her post...

...and it's actually the child in question posting ;)

Texas is odd on this one. If both parents agree, and if the remaining parent can show that the child won't end up needing state aid, Texas will actually allow the other parent to terminate their rights and obligations effectively leaving only one legal parent.

Having said that, I believe OP slipped up in the wording of her post...

...and it's actually the child in question posting ;)

Yes, correct you are, except we prefer to consider ourselves unique, not odd. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back