Mother badly injured in auto accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thabombatron

My mother, her friend and myself were driving in my car. A lady ran a red light and hit my car. My auto insurance company is covering all our basic medical bills and wage losses. A lawyer has told my mother that she has a pain and suffering case. The women who hit us was covered under her mothers auto insurance. The other insurance company has contacted us to get info on the medical and other details of the ongoing medical bills for us. The representative also said my mom might be eligable for a pain and suffering benifit. My queston is, should I wait to see what the other insurance company offers my mother or should I retain an attorney and let them do the negotiations? We just want my mom to confortable in her later years because she has a long rehab ahead of her and she is 77.

Statistics reveal the accident victims who retain an attorney receive settlements three to five times larger than those who don't.

Can you do the math?

Absolutely

There is absolutely no reason for you not to speak with an attorney. Most attorneys will take these cases on what is called a contingency basis. This means that you pay nothing up front and the lawyer takes a percentage of what is finally settled (usually 1/3).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back