Moral clause

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparkle2004

Hi I went thru a very difficult divorce in 2008. X-Husband had an affair n contested divorce the entire time. A lot of verbal/emotional abuse. X is very controlling $20'647 in arrears of support. Recently found out I was seeing someone 2yr relationship, good to my children n they have a wonderful relationship. He lives in NC. My X confronted me n said he was taking me back to court for contempt b/c I had him around my kids in home overnight. He basically intimidates n drilled the kids (8yrs old) for information about what goes on in my home. Kids were so confused n upset. Prior to his behavior they talked about how much they loved being around my significant other. He has been coming to my apartments buzzing the gates all odd hours of morning I'm assuming trying to get in to see whether he was there. He doesn't even get the kids his scheduled time ever. 2 nites out of month he will keep them, never the full wkend. Attorney claims SC is "Good old boy" state n they enforce it. What judge would grant more custody to a man who refuses to pay his support n doesn't even get kids like he is suppose to. Any suggestions? HELP???? Should i try to get clause lifted from decree or just let him take me to court. I have no hx of multiple men in my life ever, no harm to children n no adverse affects on children due to him being in home. At time of hearing when he jumped up n requested it I was emotionally distraught he acted out with me in court hallway so Iwas just praying to get my kids not thinking about dating another man unlike Mr Infidelity who was angry I left n as he said out to make my life a living hell!

Last edited:
I suggest you discuss this with three or four attorneys in your county. Take your divorce decree so they can see how you got here. The initial consultation is normally free. That means it IS a great time to ask 5-6 questions.

The NCP isn't required to exercise their right, anymore than any of us are required to vote (which also is a right). However, you can't deny him his right to visitation, although he's free NOT to exercise his right.

That said, the law won't care WHY you agreed to the terms of your divorce, it'll only enforce what you agreed to do. That goes for the $20,000 the deadbeat owes you.

Let him be stupid as he desires to be. You're holding that $20,000 trump card.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back