monies earned for work performed

Status
Not open for further replies.

abc123man

Good morning all,
I am an on-call driver. I am paid on miles driven and time spent waiting. All rates for both are agreed upon by all parties. Now and then, I actually receive a reconciliation sheet that accompanies the paycheck, with which I can double check their records with my own log. My paycheck has not been correct since the day I started! (12-28-06 to present)
I have submitted, at my local manager's request, a detailed report, including the date, trip number, wait time paid vs. wait time expected and the difference, resulting in an amount owed.
Additionally, I have yet to receive a $100 sign-on bonus for service in excess of 90 days, when promised that it would appear on the next paycheck. That "next" paycheck was received on 4/20/07. The bonus was not there. Most of our local drivers have similar complaints. One driver quit (over a year ago, I'm told) after having not received monies owed her in excess of $1000.00 !! She quit, she sued, she won damages !!
What's the next step? I simply want that which is due.

Find out who her lawyer was.

While I appreciate the response to determine her attorney's identity, what would your interim suggestion be? In your expert opinion, am I the proud owner of one proverbial 'leg to stand on'?!

Yes. They owe you money and have not fixed the problem despite repeated attempts by you to get it fixed. Keep copies of all your documentation and any correspondence with the company you may have about the problem. I don't know the law concerning the timeline in which they are required to pay you, but a lawyer will be able to advise you on that. If you gave the manager your documentation you may want to wait a little longer to see if he can fix the problem, but it wouldn't hurt to find out who the women's lawyer is and see if you can get a consultation. However, what you would have to pay a lawyer might not be worth your time at this point in time, (if the amount they owe is a small amount).

I would say to contact your labor board, but if you are a subcontractor, I am not sure if they can help you.

Personally, I would probably quit if I were you, and sue them in small claims. They apparantly have a history of not paying out properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back