Weapons, Guns, Firearms MO. Gun question

Status
Not open for further replies.

samdotcom

My situation is this......
My name is Salvatore Palazzolo, Age 57, Mo. resident. The following information is current after a 5 year probation term. No time served incarcerated.
I am a excon with a "Suspended Imposition of Sentence" , "Unlawful use of a Firearm", felony conviction" who has just completed a 5 year probation period. (I am assuming that this conviction is not recorded on my arrest record due to the SIOS.)

My questions are these......
1. Can I legally buy, own, and keep in my posession, a firearm in Mo. now that my probation is completed?
2. Am I eligible for "Right To Carry"
3. As part of my sentencing I was not able to keep a firearm in my home and I was wondering if I can now bring my registered firearms home again?

Thank-Youy in advance for your considerations and time.
Sam

If you are currently a convicted felon then you cannot own or possess a firearm pursuant to federal and, I suspect, MO state law as well. It will not matter that probation and/or parole is completed, so long as the conviction remains on your record, your firearm days are over.

- Carl

Contact a criminal defense attorney and see if you can get your record expunged.

(I am assuming that this conviction is not recorded on my arrest record due to the SIOS.)
This is used in in counties in Michigan, for example, to let the probationer/parolee know what their punishment will be if they screw up. It's like an axe hanging over their head. There is still a record of the conviction.

In the meantime, are you married? I think your wife can own firearms. . .

Even if his wife owns them, she would have to store them someplace where he could not possibly have access to them. We've booked guys for similar attempts to dodge the system so he would need to be very careful if he tries to get around it that way.

- Carl

You know more about it then I do(having wife "own" the guns), CdwJava! I'm just repeating what Good ol' G. Gordon Liddy does.

We can assume that G. Gordon's wife has them in a safe where it can be show he has no access ... I am sure it's a dodge, but I doubt that the local cops are going to be picking on him anytime soon (though with the new administration, the ATF may become a little more active ...)

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back