misuse of child support

Status
Not open for further replies.

ss3seas

My husband (of one year) had a child 7 years ago before I knew him. They were not married or even close to it. She collects LOTS of money and uses it on her life style. She drives a mercedes and just bought a $500 cell phone and lives a very pampered life. We have talked to her many times that she should be putting money away for the childs college etc...
Is there anything we can do legally to have her account for funds? or have them lowered?

I think it is a horrible thing to give a percentage of a man's income to a woman who intentionally gets pregnant in order to have 18 years of free and easy living - I think these women call their kids their little life insurance policies!
If the courts would only give support for the basic needs of the child then less women would target athletes, ceos and doctors etc.....
Think of how many girls look at women like this one and say "hey , nice car, clothes, eating out , going to the spa etc.. I think I will seduce some guy who does well with same intent - like winning the lottery".

Its called the "Golden Uterus Rule." There is nothing you can do about how she spends the CS unless it goes to neglect. Then you can file for custody but that is costly and difficult. You can file for a modification of CS. If it is lowered, you can put the difference in an account for the child.

You have no control over what this woman does with her CS money. He has to pay CS based on guidelines. He can google the guidelines for his state to see what he should be paying but it really doesn't matter what car she drives or how much her cell phone is. Sad truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back