Missouri marriage can it be annuled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lroeder

The circumstances surrounding my marriage are as follows:
Met my husband and we married after 10 months (6/23/01 in State of Missouri). Immediately following several things happened. I contracted Herpes from him (have gone to the same doc since day one and had a clean bill of health), he has severely beat me with (2) third degree domestic assault charges pending, it was disclosed to me after marriage by his mother that he had been to numerous psychiatrists for psychotic behavior as a child. I urged him to go to the doctor and he was diagnosed with Intermitent Explosive Disorder and Bipolar disorder. I have done preliminary research on the subject and without any money it's making things that much more difficult. I want out. But would like an annulment if at ALL possible. This man is a madman.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Originally posted by lroeder:
The circumstances surrounding my marriage are as follows:
Met my husband and we married after 10 months (6/23/01 in State of Missouri). Immediately following several things happened. I contracted Herpes from him (have gone to the same doc since day one and had a clean bill of health), he has severely beat me with (2) third degree domestic assault charges pending, it was disclosed to me after marriage by his mother that he had been to numerous psychiatrists for psychotic behavior as a child. I urged him to go to the doctor and he was diagnosed with Intermitent Explosive Disorder and Bipolar disorder. I have done preliminary research on the subject and without any money it's making things that much more difficult. I want out. But would like an annulment if at ALL possible. This man is a madman.
Annulled? Not sure and usually not likely. Such a situation happens soon after the marriage and for reasons that made the marriage a sham to begin and not for mere bad judgment or bad turnout. For example, a marriage can be annulled in most states if, e.g. your spouse was legally married to someone else at the time. I have seen some states discuss the commission of a felony and incarceration as a basis for annulment but I'm really not sure. It would seem that you have reasons for the divorce and would strike the deck of cards in your favor. I am very sorry to hear about your problem marriage and hope you get assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back