Criminal Law Misdemeanor - Trespassing & Naturalization

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katm08

Hi,
I'm new to the forums, have a few questions and would kindly appreciated any help/advices.

When I was 18, I got cited for school trespassing. Long story short, I was in the car at the time as a passenger, the car was parked on school lot. My girlfriends went to look for their friends for lunch, but got caught and in the process I was cited. I paid the court fines for the trespassing. I couldn't do the community service because I was 18 at the time so I was charge with trespassing and paid the fine.

Will this ruined my life and chance for a citizenship? How should I go about this? All this happen 9 years ago. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kat

Last edited:
Forgot to add, I will have to renew my GC soon, will this affect it also?

Sorry for so many questions, this thing is just bugging me and making me nuts.

What was the maximum possible jail time for the offense?

If the max jail time is a year or less, then you are fine and can apply for citizenship with no problem since it is more that 5 years ago.

Hi,
I'm new to the forums, have a few questions and would kindly appreciated any help/advices.

When I was 18, I got cited for school trespassing. Long story short, I was in the car at the time as a passenger, the car was parked on school lot. My girlfriends went to look for their friends for lunch, but got caught and in the process I was cited. I paid the court fines for the trespassing. I couldn't do the community service because I was 18 at the time so I was charge with trespassing and paid the fine.

Will this ruined my life and chance for a citizenship? How should I go about this? All this happen 9 years ago. Help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Kat

That record should have been sealed. What state? you may have a federal action for all those years. We are about to produce court order #2 on this. Please check your pms for more information(If I post law, they delete it) I'm not a drone, or part of the sheeple.

thanks mafioso, the thing was for less than 1 year I think.

Scooterdog:you may have a federal action for all those years. We are about to produce court order #2 on this. Please check your pms for more information

What's this about? and can mafioso provide input on this as well?

Mafioso: Is this a CIMT?

Last edited:
thanks mafioso, the thing was for less than 1 year I think.

Scooterdog:you may have a federal action for all those years. We are about to produce court order #2 on this. Please check your pms for more information

What's this about? and can mafioso provide input on this as well?

Mafioso: Is this a CIMT?

It is more than five years so it would not affect your citizenship application. It is hard to tell certain CIMT. Things like theft and fraud are easy to tell....... Trespassing would not be one unless the police statements or evidence point to an intent of bad faith or possible intent to commit a crime of concern or serious crime. Such charges are evaluated on a case by case base. Simple trespassing should not be a CIMT.

Hi i really need help , my question would be i am permanent resident since 6 years and planing to apply for citizenship however there is incident accoured 5 years ago between me and my wife and finalized in court , court disposition was ( misdemeanor Class C ) assault charge , since then i never had single problem whatsoever . i know it`s gonna effect to my citizenship but i was just wondering how deeply , i mean do i have any chance to be American Citizen.

by the way me and my wife still are married.

Best Regards,

If it is more than five years ago, then you would be okay. Just be honest about it and it would not affect you since that is the only thing on record. You would be fine................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back