Criminal Law Misdemeanor C , Citizenship need help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

citizenship

Hi i really need help my question is , i am permanent resident since 6 years and planing to apply for citizenship however there is incident accoured 5 years ago between me and my wife and finalized in court , court disposition was ( misdemeanor Class C ) assault charge and received $500 fine , since then i never had single problem . i know it`s gonna effect to my citizenship but i was just wondering how deeply , i mean do i have any chance to be American Citizen.

i also done some researh for maximum jail time in my case , they say maximum jail time for domestic violence without any injury is 1000$ fine and 3 months in jail . but i just received 500$ fine no jail .

by the way we are still married and living in Dallas TX.

Best Regards,

Last edited:
If it is more than five years ago, then you would be okay. Just be honest about it and it would not affect you since that is the only thing on record. You would be fine................

Thanks for the reply sir , i just calculated the time from the incident , i have two more months to finish my 5 years good moral character period , so do i have to wait two more months and apply for citizenship or i can apply right now ? also do you think i have to hire lawyer in my case ?

Best Regards,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back