Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication MIP Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

claireisgreen

I am freshly 18 years old. On April 6th, my friend and I had something to drink around three o' clock. My friend made herself a drink and I made one as well. My friend drank her whole drink while I only had a few sips of mine. About three hours later, we had to go to a dinner, so we got in the car with my friend driving and me sitting in the passenger seat and are pulled over about 30ish minutes later for speeding. My friend and I were both breathalized and I blew a 0.019. Our police officer gave us each an MIP citation and a court date. This is my first interaction with the police, so I have never been charged with anything.

I am very nervous about what is going to be my punishment. Will I have to be drug tested? If so, will it be a urine test or a hair test? Will I have to do community service? If I have to take a class, will I be required to drive to the county that I performed the offense in in order to complete the class? (I was visiting my sister on Spring Break when this happened, she lives 4 hours away from where I live.)

If you could help at all, it would be much appreciated!

I am freshly 18 years old. On April 6th, my friend and I had something to drink around three o' clock. My friend made herself a drink and I made one as well. My friend drank her whole drink while I only had a few sips of mine. About three hours later, we had to go to a dinner, so we got in the car with my friend driving and me sitting in the passenger seat and are pulled over about 30ish minutes later for speeding. My friend and I were both breathalized and I blew a 0.019. Our police officer gave us each an MIP citation and a court date. This is my first interaction with the police, so I have never been charged with anything.

I am very nervous about what is going to be my punishment. Will I have to be drug tested?

Usually, NO.

Do you have a drug problem?

If so, you better get clean!

You never know what a judge might do.

If so, will it be a urine test or a hair test? Will I have to do community service?

Hmmm, you must have a drug problem.

If the judge orders a drug test, it might be either.

If asked about prior drug usage, it is wise to come clean and tell the truth!

You might be ordered to do community service.

If I have to take a class, will I be required to drive to the county that I performed the offense in in order to complete the class? (I was visiting my sister on Spring Break when this happened, she lives 4 hours away from where I live.)

If you request a class nearer your home, it most likely will be granted.

But, stop speculating about what could happen.

DO NOT BREAK THE LAW GOING FORWARD.

THIS IS A MINOR EVENT.

THIS SHOULD BE A LESSON TO YOU ABOUT STAYING CLEAN AND SOBER, IF YOU WANT TO STAY FREE!!!

Lucky for you, you were not driving. Your citation is very minor, and if it involves nothing more than what you have said here then you shouldn't expect anything more than a fine and possibly a small amount of community service hours. They wouldn't waste any time with having you take tests if it was an alcohol violation, especially something so incredibly low that barely registers on the machine.

Can you be a little more obvious about the fact that you are using drugs? Next time you are a passenger in a car and a cop wants to give you a breath test say NO and little else. If you are going to be a criminal and do drugs, learn how to deal with cops because you are going to be dealing with them soon enough on harder questions.

The only reason I asked about a drug test is because I smoked weed once about 32 days ago. For the first time. If you consider this a 'drug problem' then I'm sorry. And the only reason I thought of it is because the police officer mentioned possibly having to do it.

Thank you for other people providing helpful answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back