Assault & Battery Minor charged with assault my contact

Mommy3lora

Jurisdiction
Texas
My 13-year-old daughter got a ticket for assault by contact. She hit a girl a year older than her- there are lots of witnesses and even video evidence. The other girl (for days and days before this happened) was threatening her and harassing her by Instagram Snapchat text messages and phone calls (and also for days afterwards she and her brother were still threatening to have her family come beat up our family, etc.) I mean like 50 phone calls a day just repeatedly- her brother even threatened to rape my daughter.
1st question is; What good would it do to show proof of all of this as evidence that it was not one-sided -my daughter is not a bully who picked this girl out and just hit her-she was baited harassed threatened etc. and finally came and stood up for herself - The girl just kept telling her 'hit me hit me' so she did but the girl never get back.
2nd Question is can a ticket like this be thrown out for technicality? It says she has brown hair when she very clearly has black hair and also that under at this idiot says the letter in and she is very obviously Hispanic.

Sorry under ethnicity it says the letter N when she is Hispanic

2nd Question is can a ticket like this be thrown out for technicality? It says she has brown hair when she very clearly has black hair and also that under at this idiot says the letter in and she is very obviously Hispanic.

Sorry under ethnicity it says the letter N when she is Hispanic

Your daughter is a minor.
You and/or father must appear with her in juvenile court.

Juvenile Court isn't concerned with punishment.
The matter won't get tossed because of clerical or typographical errors.
All such errors can simply be amended upon request by the state.

The court will want to know that the child is doing well in school, loved at home, being nurtured at home, fed, and being given moral guidance to become a productive adult.

Don't focus on what the other child did, or didn't do.

You would best serve your daughter by discussing with her better ways to address conflict.
Violence should only be used to protect your life, or the lives of others.

You can request (and you should request) that the court appoint legal counsel to represent your child's legal; interests.
If you wish, you can hire her such counsel.

I suggest you have a psychological evaluation done, just to ensure there are problems no one has yet discovered.

Don't blow this out of proportion, but make sure she understands this is her opportunity to prove to the court that this incident was an aberration.

Good luck, mother, as you help your child get back on the right track.

Thank you for your insight/ suggestions. She has had plenty of counseling over the last several years because she does have underlying issues- I would say she comes by her anger issues honestly- although I don't think that's an excuse for her behavior and I know we have much to deal with as far as trying to resolve it.
These days she refuses to go to counseling and has even refused to go to school which is why I have placed her in an online public school which she seems to be doing fine with. She has never had a problem with making decent grades - Although like many teens her age she does have an attitude problem and doesn't seem to want to show any respect to anyone ever- I sure hope she will be respectful to the judge when we go to court.
I honestly think it would be great if he would put her in some anger management classes as well as some sort of counseling that she has no choice but to attend. Perhaps that is the silver lining to this gray cloud
Again- thank you

I honestly think it would be great if he would put her in some anger management classes as well as some sort of counseling that she has no choice but to attend. Perhaps that is the silver lining to this gray cloud

The judge is open to your suggestions, as well as you pleas for help for your daughter.

You also need to get her psychologist involved, not counselor, but psychologist or psychiatrist.

The court can see to it that she is placed ina treatment facility, if you believe it will help her.

No doubt you're trying, but sometimes you need help, too.

Again, this might be her wake up call, so that she can fix herself.

Your admission that she has issues is a start.

Hang in there, as they don't come with instructions, do they?

Back