Military and Adultry

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpjones

I have posted before when me and my husband were first having problems and noone replied. Problems have now escalated though.... and its very confusing. Here goes:
Me and my husband got married on his 2 week leave in July. He is currently in the Army, serving in Iraq. On Dec. 5, I recieved an email from a mail address that was hisname/unit@yahoo.com. Now, admittedly, I had never seen this address before and automaticly assumed that it was his. In the email, it said that he had a girlfriend, (his ex) over there from his unit and that he'd had one almost the whole time he had been there. also said that he couldnt file for divorce there, but would do it as soon as he got home. Well, took matters into my own hands and went and got the papers the very next day. Then I talked to him, and he had no idea about the email.... doesnt know where it came from. said he has never cheated on me and that he wanted to make things work. By now, I was doubting where it came from too ,but also if i still wanted to be with him anyways, and if i even loved him in the first place.... and he was having the same doubts he said. Our marriage was ver rushed, we maybe dated a total of 3 monthes. So for the next few weeks I went back and forth with whether I wanted to be married to him. Finally decided I did, and wrote him, told him I wasnt sending divorce papers, we were gonna work this out when he got home.... trying to save my brand new marriage. He told me no, he didnt want to work it out and that I was being selfish, then included in that email that while the first email wasnt him, and wasnt true... he and his ex from his unit did spend christmas day together then added "... oh, in case your wondering , we did have sex."
Now, I know adultry is a big thing in the military. and he gets paid extra for being married. but this whole time he has sent me only $300. Before he left I was living with roomates, and after I got an apt. by myself, now, it did have a higher price, but any one bedroom does, especially when you arent splitting between people, besides, who lives with roomated when they are married. Now, when you get marrried in the military, you get paid more and that is supposed to go to your family right? and housing? HE states the the money he makes more now is just extra money for himself. That it is my fault that I moved into a more expensive place, that I work and though I may need to cut back on luxuries I can do it myself, but isnt your husband supposed to help his wife? He hasnt helped out a dime since he went back overseas on Aug. 4th? Could I somehow get him to help me out? Would that involve going to his commander and such? PLease rply and dont just read......

Hope this helps

My husband is a Marine. We live on base and he receives living allowance which he wouldn't if he was living in the barracks with the rest of the guys. When he was deployed his pay was twice his normal amount because of, seperation pay from the spouse, being in a combat zone, and severasl other bonuses I don't remeber. Being his spouse you can go on base to the legal department and get information, documents, and speak to a lawyer for free. Even though he's the one on the military there are a lot of resourses you could benefit from just being his wife. Now I'm not an expert on military law and don't know the differences in Army and Marine law so don't quote me on this. All I'm saying is there's places you can go. And keep the e-mail. He could get in big trouble for Adultary.

My Soon to Be ex Hub is USMC also

see i was confused about that whole money thing also. we didnt find out an answer(me or him) till our neighbors heard us arguing and called the cops. this was about a week, maybe less, before he left on MEU. and he was told that he was supposed to at least split the bah with me, since we werent living in base housing anymore(wouldnt be after he left i'm sorry), and also, i dont know where the order is, you need to look it up, but it does have a guideline on how much he is supposed to give you after a separation untill your divorce is filed. the whole adultery thing, good luck...i've heard that some units will tear you up for adultery, others will sweep it under the rug...my g/f and her husband(before they worked it out) had the same issue. he had cheated and told her about it, and when she called the unit coz he wasnt sending money to her and the baby, come to find out, his g/f was in his room with him, but the unit didnt do anything about it....you need to go to the legal office where you are and obtain legal counsel...

This Is All Too Much......

and it is making me SICK. This is my stituation only I busted my husband's ass.

Please, please contact me. In fact, here is my email dk_noelle@msn.com. I promise I can steer you in the right direction. I need to hear from EVERYONE who is having problems like this. Ladies, do not be intimidated by the military. YOU PAY THEIR SALARIES. I CANNOT DO ALL THIS ALONE; I NEED TO HEAR FROM ALL OF YOU BECAUSE THAT IS THE ONLY WAY WE CAN MAKE AN IMPACT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back