Midas charged me for unnecessary timing belt replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

yfeldman

I had 60K service for my Honda Odyssey with Midas. They didn't implement even basic services like change engine oil, replacement oil filter and engine coolant. Instead during estimation I was told that Honda recommends to replace timing belt and some other minor checks. For this work I was charged 1619.25$. After contacting Honda dealerships and reading vehicle's manual I had realized that timing belt replacement is not recommended for 60K service unless vehicle is driving in severe or special conditions.

Midas offers me 1206$ refund. I sent them disagreement letter asking for at least 1285$ refund and I didn't receive any response.

Shall I go to small court and how much should I ask for refund?

It would be an uphill battle in court. I would contact you local TV news first. That at least is free.

The problem is, regardless of what Honda reccomends, you did sign to have that work done. And as long as they did the work that you signed for, you really wouldn't have much of a case. The only case you would have is if there was something that you did sign for, that they didn't do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back