Meeting 90 day probation sales quotas

S

spearlman

Jurisdiction
New York
Hello,
I was hired for a door to door sales job and began on October 28. There is a 90 day probation period in which you must meet a minimum sales quota of 16. That period includes the two weeks I was in classroom training and one week shadowing veteran sales reps. My first question, is that a legitimate probation expectation?
More importantly, I have been selling in my turf for 3 weeks and beginning my fourth week tomorrow. Most everyone in the sales office and everyone on my team has been given a standard company uniform with the company name displayed (shirts, jacket, and caps) except a handful of people including myself. While there may not be solid data which confirms the impact on sales, it is fairly common knowledge and common sense that when people see the company branding in several places they are more likely to open their doors. I can't sell if people are afraid to open their door. I am forced to wear my own clothes and jacket, which looks very unprofessional. In short, I don't feel I should be held to the same expectations in the 90 day period as those who are equipped with tools that I don't have. Is there any validity to this that I can bring to my Human Resources department?

Thank you for your assistance.
Scott
12/11/16

I'm sure you knew the conditions of probation when you took the job. I see no reason for any problem with that now.

What were you told when you asked for a "uniform"?

I don't see anything illegal being done by the employer based on what you posted. Sorry.

Back