Medical Malpractice medical negligence

Status
Not open for further replies.

indiglo

About a month and a half ago my husband was shot in the neck by his boss and almost died. The hospital was supposed to order tests such as an MRI. They never did this and released him the next day from the hospital. Because of this the 3 doctors that he sees for nerve damage say they cannot give him any medicine or treat him further until they have the results from these tests that were never ordered.

He has to sit in extreme pain (for the last 40 days) because these tests were never ordered. They have even said that this was their mistake. Now all three doctors told us to go to the ER last night to help get pain medicine until these tests are finally done next week. We sat there for 4 hours for them to tell us that there was nothing that they could do because he is already being seen by doctors.

Our life has been a living hell for the last 40 days. More than half of this is due to the error made by the hospital and these doctors. Is there some kind of suit that we have? How can these people get away with this? Now I know how much trouble the war veterans are having being treated. Can you please help? Nobody around here seems to be.

Thanks

Indiglo

Med Mal

You can file a medical malpractice claim against the Doctor and the institution.
Confer with an attorney to assess your option and for true lights in your predicaments.

I work as a Risk Manager for a hospital. You need to contact the department of patient safety and/or risk management for the hospital. Tell them that you are concerned that the appropriate tests were not ordered, which has delayed diagnosis for your husband. See what they offer to do. You will need to request his medical records, and add on to the request that you want "all chart materials", as they do not routinely copy the entire chart. If they stall you, tell them that you are considering consulting an attorney. This will hopefully help speed their reaction. please post on here what your response is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back