Negligence, Other Injury Medical Mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raheema123

Hi. I was 5 months pregnant when I found out I was having a baby. When I went to the doctor they did a sonogram of the baby and I wanted them to do my breasts to but they didn't. They said I was too young. So when I went to the hospital to give birth, after I felt a huge bump on my left breast. When I told the doctors about this they did many test and found out I had stage 3 breast cancer. I want to know if I can sue the doctor who didn't do my breast exams. She also said that she only looks out for the baby and that this wasn't her job to check my breast.

Doubtful but you can run it by a medical malpractice attorney. Had you felt the lump at the time you asked for the breast exam & told the dr. about it? If you wanted a breast exam, why didn't you go to another dr. for it? The attorney will have other questions for you.

Hi. I was 5 months pregnant when I found out I was having a baby. When I went to the doctor they did a sonogram of the baby and I wanted them to do my breasts to but they didn't. They said I was too young. So when I went to the hospital to give birth, after I felt a huge bump on my left breast. When I told the doctors about this they did many test and found out I had stage 3 breast cancer. I want to know if I can sue the doctor who didn't do my breast exams. She also said that she only looks out for the baby and that this wasn't her job to check my breast.

I hope you're focusing on your medical problems and trying to get better.
As a person diagnosed with cancer almost 15 years ago, it can be a very tough fight.
I suggest you focus on beating old cancer, being a great mom, and way down the line think about a lawsuit.
You don't want too many stressers in your life while you fight for your life.
God bless.

Last edited:
You can have your records reviewed by a medical malpractice expert. However, without some evidence that (a) she had a duty to perform that test and (b) that the delay had a significant effect on the progression of the cancer, the answer is going to be No.

Do I need to mention doctors specialize? You went to a gyno/baby doctor for the baby. You go to an oncologist or beast screening center for a lump in your breast. If you had a lump in your cooter, you might have a case. Did you request an oil change and tuneup for your car there also?

OP -

How old are you, and do you have a family history of breast or ovarian cancers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back