Medical Malpractice Medical Misconduct

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadebluek

I had surgery performed on me for 4 hernias in my belly next to a colon surgery which was cancerous, but a primary second cancer. The Dr. who performed the hernia surgery butchered my belly; the incision is crooked to the point I cannot wear skirts or pants, basically anything because of the pain that is constantly present. I was told a 12x12" mesh was inserted but then removed due to the MRSA infection I contracted while in the hospital for this mess. I have taken pictures sufficiently to show the extent of what was done to me.
I gave a local lawyer $3500 to help see if I have a case, he worked maybe 2 hours on this and successfully got me to stop procedures right before issuing any letters saying that it would be hard on me physically to move forward because I now have cancer elsewhere in my body.
He might have spent 3 hours TOPS on reading my case, and if he knew the language better it would have taken him half the time instead of trying to milk me for adding hours. Now MY dilemma is that I want my money back because I feel he did nothing to help me.
I am on welfare and borrowed this money to help me. Now I seriously want some of it back.
What can I do??
Plus I have pictures that tell the story.
What can I do?

You can ask him to refund some of the money.
If he's like most lawyers, he'll laugh at you, ignore you, or tell you to go pound sand.

Bottom line, you may want all of the $3,500 back, but you're not going to get so much as a nickel of that $3,500 refunded to you.
That's not how it works.

Generally speaking, you did not pay for the medical care, you have little standing to sue. It is the state who received poor service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back