Medical malpractice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jpage

Jurisdiction
United Kingdom
Hi, I am wondering whether this is medical malpractice or medical negligence-I'm not sure which one. I have never been diagnosed with any mental illness nor any psychiatric disorder. I have been wrongly and inappropriately prescribed antipsychotics, etc. I was given these initially because of angry outbursts due to PMS and life problems. I was then put on medication. I was then repeatedly given more medications even without any diagnosis. Been to many assessments and came through with no diagnosis. The doctor now after all of this thinks I don't have a mental problem or any diagnosis at all. I am very upset as I've been given years of this medication and now finally since coming off they say I do not have mental problem. Would this be medical malpractice? Could I potentially sue them or get compensation as I've suffered severe adverse side effects that negatively impacted my health. Would this be an expensive process? Would I need proof of damage done to me or effects? Could I sue the doctors? I really need and am concerned with compensation due to side effects. Is this medical malpractice or negligence and would it be expensive to go to court for all this or could I get legal aid? Would suing the doctor mean I could also get compensation? Would I need a solicitor and which kind of solicitor? How much damage to my health needs to be proved? Thank you.

This site knows nothing of law in the UK.

I suggest you consult with a couple UK licensed solicitors.

Thread closed..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back