Medical Malpractice medical malpractice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

misdiagnosed

Went to an urgent care complaining of minor on and off chest pains radiating through the jaw for the last 19 hours or so. Explained they were not present at time I had been taken back to a room. Was given an Ekg that came back ok. My blood pressure was 154/100. They did not treat my blood pressure, diagnosed me with GERD, gave me a GI cocktail and scheduled a follow up appt for a few days later. Less than 48 hours later, a had a massive heart attack (they called it a STEMI), was in v-tach and ended up having two stents put in. I was told I was within minutes to hours from dying. I was told even though my Ekg came back clean, a cardiac enzyme test should have been ordered. Stents would have been needed regardless, but the enzyme test would have detected an approaching heart attack and permanent damage would NOT have been done to my heart.

An enzyme test would have indicated irregular protein if the heart muscle was damaged at that time. You have not indicated a heart attack was indicated or suspected. I do however suggest you have your records evaluated by a med mal attorney.

In cases like this you need to talk to a medical malpractice attorney & have them review all medical information/reports that you have. Only he/she can tell you if you might have a case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back