Medical Malpractice Medical Malpractice Lawsuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonesr

Banned
My wife gave birth to a child a couple of months back. We were promised by our doctor that, the child is healthy and the delivery will be without any issues. But delivery became complicated and both mother and child were critical for several days. The mother survived, but the child died after a 4 days. We still haven't completely recovered from the incident, and my wife still in depression, is in bad condition physically and mentally. I believe the issue happened due to carelessness of a doctor. I want to contact a birth injury lawyer and charge against the doctor. I will need some advice before that. Please help me about how to proceed.

Last edited by a moderator:
You should feel free to contact a medical malpractice attorney if you feel as strongly you seem that the doctor was negligent in the birth of your child. Unfortunately there are doctors who seem to believe that they are above reproach, just like in any other profession. The difference is that there is no margin for carelessness and hubris when it comes to childbirth, surgery and other medical procedures. One of my siblings almost died thanks to the wanton disregard for the patient's welfare. While my family considered suing the doctor, we were told that the damages weren't significant enough to make it worthwhile. It wasn't about the money at all. The doctor simply was so careless on several occasions that he prescribed medicine that he should have known would kill the patient and paid no attention to the charts he had.

So, back to your question. You probably have a good idea as to whether or not the doctor was truly careless. But keep in mind that many people who unfortunately have incidents arise that result in injury may look for someone to blame. But a medical malpractice attorney can give you a better idea - so you should have a proper legal consultation. In many cases, the consultation by the medical malpractice attorney will be free. If you need help with finding an attorney, let us know. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back