Medical Malpractice Medical incompetence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

curious2findout

My husband and I had a thallium stress done on March 16, 2011. Our physician was not present during the testing. Several things went wrong including wrong patient scheduled. During my husbands exam, he explained to technician that he has rods in back and is unable to walk on treadmill. Tech was more concerned about him finishing test than about him. When he ask her if he could step off on the side, as he was literally holding up his leg with his hand and moving it, she told him he had to finish the test. He told her he may fall. After 2nd round of xrays were taken, he had to roll off table. His back locked up which causes severe pain in siatic nerve. He could not put pressure on left leg. He was on knees next to counter top of desk. Five techs walked by and never checked on him. The echo tech walked by and stopped to ask him if he was ok. He told her NO. She turned around and left him there. He received no assistance at all to help him get up or evaluate him for injuries. During my procedure, they kept asking me what was wrong with him. When I told them what happened they said "I can't see her not doing chemical on him. She is good at that." On my behalf, I have lung disease. The physician I saw had placed me on coreg. It has caused increase shortness of breath requiring more frequent use of rescue inhaler, low heart rate in 40's, severe dizziness which I require assistance and severe headaches. COREG, when I searched it, has a warning not to use in patients with lung disease such as asthma, emphysema. I have asthma, bronchiectasis (not bronchitis), emphysema. I called cardiologist office and ask nurse to have doctor call me. We had test done 2 weeks ago and hadnt heard any results.nurse said stress test was "normal" which is great. Left ventricle is good....my issues is with RIGHT sided heart failure. When I questioned her, and told her I havent had a "normal" stress test in the past 3 test, she said it doesnt show anything about right side of heart. If my heart is normal, why am I on a alpha-beta blocker? She asked me who put me on it!!!! Then she ask me if I was sure I saw their doctor!!!! When I told her I wanted doctor to return my call. She informed me SHE was his nurse and SHE returns his call. I asked her why he wasnt present during thallium stress test and she told me he was out of office. I have had 3 thallium stress test. All of which shows thickening of right ventricle. I have history of TIA's. After a slightly heated conversation, she told me he will call me. As of now, he hasn't. Is this considered incompetent on the doctors part as well as the staff? Thank you for your time.

Doctors nurse just called me back and said Doctor tried to call a few mins ago but my phone was disconnected...well, how did she reach me on it??? Told me he said I could stop COREG. I asked her how did he want me to taper my dose as I cant just cold turkey this medication. She replied....He didnt say you had to taper it, just stop taking it. She then told me she would have to ask him about tapering the dose. Geesh.....did they go to medical school??? I don't think I will be using their office for my cardiac services. Any opinions on this? Thanks again.

Last edited:
Speak with a medical malpractice attorney.
Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back