Medical device lawsuits

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying you don't have an allergy. I'm saying it's quite unlikely that the allergy was CAUSED by the device.

I don't have any problems at all with your wanting allergy testing to be required. That would seem to be a perfectly reasonable suggestion. (Think about it, though - allergy testing before hand only makes sense if I am right that you were already allergic and just hadn't come across the substance, or the right combination of substances to trigger it. If the allergy was caused by your prolonged exposure, how would pre-testing tell you anything?) But I think for something like that, lobbying your elected representatives would be more to the point than railing at a message board because they don't immediately jump on your bandwagon. Your Congresscritter can do a whole lot more towards getting that required testing than we can.

I'm not saying you don't have an allergy. I'm saying it's quite unlikely that the allergy was CAUSED by the device.

I don't have any problems at all with your wanting allergy testing to be required. That would seem to be a perfectly reasonable suggestion. (Think about it, though - allergy testing before hand only makes sense if I am right that you were already allergic and just hadn't come across the substance, or the right combination of substances to trigger it. If the allergy was caused by your prolonged exposure, how would pre-testing tell you anything?) But I think for something like that, lobbying your elected representatives would be more to the point than railing at a message board because they don't immediately jump on your bandwagon. Your Congresscritter can do a whole lot more towards getting that required testing than we can.
I wish you were right about it not being caused from the device but fortunately it was and I have the doctors to back that, it's not like I've never touched any type of plastics before as I said I worked with plastics in the food business It's screwed up my immune system and everything being on the prednisones the steroids I live by the water I'm worn flip-flops all my life direct contact I can't wear them anymore just like anything else people can develop allergies later in life because this was inside of me and being put on the steroids cause of my immune system to go Wild trying to fight it it was definitely the cause so telling me I had The allergy before hand not knowing me I'm saying not to judge because it wasn't there ever, if it was something that I dealt with on a daily basis before this happened to me I would say OK you're right I had allergy before but being healthy person in every way before the surgery and before that was placed in me it's a totally different story I've had many test done now and I am not allergic to anything but The plastics now ,so please don't judge me it wasn't inside of me before and more than one doctor told me because it was in so long and my body was fighting it and they have me on steroids that my immune system broke down and I developed an allergy it's kind of like people developing allergies from medications that they never had a problem with before your body changes and it happens but thanks for the feedback

Please, for the love of English, use proper sentence structure. Your posts are almost impossible to read. There is not a single punctuation mark in the post. If your goal is to get feedback and or an attorney to take you seriously, a poorly written, rambling post is unlikely to make them do any more than scroll on.

What is it you are trying to accomplish? Convince doctors to do allergy testing before using these devices? Have the devices pulled from the market? Have a warning included on the device? Sue someone? The manufacturer? Doctor who implanted it? Some other party?

Good Lord, wherever are you getting that I'm judging you? Judging doesn't come into it. No one can help what their body reacts to.

Okay, let's say I'm wrong and you're right that the allergy developed later in life. I'll accept that possibility. I've had allergies all my life, and sometimes they're worse than at other times, so I can concede that one might develop over time.

But in that case, how is allergy testing before the fact going to help any?

I'm not saying you're wrong to want the testing. I'm just wondering how it would help if you're right (and on further thought, you could be).

But I still think that your best option is to lobby your Congresscritter. Wasn't that what you were initially looking for - resources?

Hi everyone I appreciate everyone's feedback but please don't judge me as I said before I worked with plastics on my life being in the food business and with that I've never once Broke out into hives or welts or burns I was put on steroids because of my reaction my immune system went wild I was a perfectly healthy person working 60 hours a week in the food business again with plastics I've had test done I am not allergic to anything else I've never had a reaction to anything so please don't judge me unless you've walked a mile in my shoes I was only looking to see if there was information that someone may know on how to go about making it so doctors would have to test people before hand thank you so much for your time like I said I appreciate it but please don't assume things that are not so and that have medically proven

Good Lord, wherever are you getting that I'm judging you? Judging doesn't come into it. No one can help what their body reacts to.

Okay, let's say I'm wrong and you're right that the allergy developed later in life. I'll accept that possibility. I've had allergies all my life, and sometimes they're worse than at other times, so I can concede that one might develop over time.

But in that case, how is allergy testing before the fact going to help any?

I'm not saying you're wrong to want the testing. I'm just wondering how it would help if you're right (and on further thought, you could be).

But I still think that your best option is to lobby your Congresscritter. Wasn't that what you were initially looking for - resources?
Thank you I have written to all my congressman senators governor even people not even in my state my thing is that this is the third class medical device and the companies are left to do the testing according to the FDA if you saw my video as soon as it was place on my arm the hives came out and there is no testing for that the company literally had to send me a piece of the product to be tested this is going into 99% of people's bodies and it's also in other medical device products i've never even had seasonal allergies so this was a real shocker and to find out that doctors do not tell you what these products are made out of a person who has an allergy to latex four instance may have a reaction to this the components of the material are the same as in PVC pipe any hard plastics and some dental work it's proper word is called poly ether ether ketone it is in every day plastics even grocery bags I've studied up on this product a lot in the last three years and so has my immunologist Unfortunately I was the lucky one If someone eats let's say tomatoes and breaks out in hives they know not to eat them anymore they didn't know with me they assumed that being I was the second case that I was having a reaction to something else I spent many dollars having every allergy test that can be done from bloodwork too patch testing urine testing you name it I am allergic to nothing and I just feel bad and don't want anybody else to go through

NO ONE is judging you. I can't even begin to imagine where you are getting that.

Please, for the love of English, use proper sentence structure. Your posts are almost impossible to read. There is not a single punctuation mark in the post. If your goal is to get feedback and or an attorney to take you seriously, a poorly written, rambling post is unlikely to make them do any more than scroll on.

What is it you are trying to accomplish? Convince doctors to do allergy testing before using these devices? Have the devices pulled from the market? Have a warning included on the device? Sue someone? The manufacturer? Doctor who implanted it? Some other party?
I'm sorry about my punctuation I am talking into my phone because I cannot hold the phone. What I would like is to find a way to make it that they test people, Because I would hate to see anyone else go through this. The doctors get The patient pamphlets with the product unfortunately the patients never get these unless they ask for them, or something goes wrong.

Cathy, the only way you are going to make testing mandatory is if a law is passed making it so. If no lawyer will take your case to create case law, and if you cannot get the backing of your elected representatives to pass such a law, I don't know what more you can do. I'm very sorry for what happened to you but not all wrongs have a legal remedy.

Cathy, the only way you are going to make testing mandatory is if a law is passed making it so. If no lawyer will take your case to create case law, and if you cannot get the backing of your elected representatives to pass such a law, I don't know what more you can do. I'm very sorry for what happened to you but not all wrongs have a legal remedy.
Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back