medical costs

Status
Not open for further replies.

jody1115

My ex-husband and I divorced in 1996. Our daughter will be 17 in September. Since our divorce, he has paid $350 monthly in child support with no reviews, due to his not informing me of his whereabouts. He has never paid a single penny aside from this. He is in the military and by the time I could track him down and get the paperwork started, he would PCS to another duty station. Currently he is stationed in Washington. Our decree states that he "shall maintain the child under his military dependent's medical/dental plan. The cost of any ordinary medical/dental care, paid out-of-pocket, shall be paid for by (me). The expenses of any extraordinary medical/dental care, not covered under any other plan shall be paid for equally by the parties." He has taken this to mean that he pays NOTHING toward anything. And he never has. He has never paid a single co-pay or anything. Until this spring, I never used his insurance because I did not have and was unable to get an id card for her. Now, I'm able to use his insurance, but he has a $1000 deductible. So everything I pay goes toward his deductuctible for him and his wife. I have carried insurance on her and paid all of the deductibles and co-pays for everything since we split up, including glasses, braces, oral surgeries, etc. Now, she's in therapy (I partially blame his negligence, as he doesn't bother to include her in his life at all, hasn't even spoken to her in 5 years) and it isn't covered at all. That adds up to $60 a week at a discounted rate. I only make $15/hour. What can I do???I can't afford an attorney. Is there a way to file for a new order to request a change in our agreement? Without an attorney?:confused: Any help would be much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back