medical, college + other court ordered ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

xapalia

The stipulation of settlement ordered my ex (in addition to the income executed child support and child care) to reimburse me for all unreimbursed medical expenses for our child, a certain amt each summer towards camp fees, $ each month into the eductaion IRA college savings account, and name our son as irrevocable beneficiary to $125,000 life ins policy. Beacuse these things are not income executed he has not done any of them! I have finally began a "civil" relationship with him and I dont want to start a new court battle, but how can I enforce these provisions? The stipulation of settlement dates back to 1998 and it has been incorporated in the divorce decree from Supreme Court. Can I petition in family court? Or should I use my lawyer? My current spouse urges me to do something soon before the arrearages grows to an insurmountable number. I hate court but I need these monies soon! WHat do you suggest? SHould I just call my lawyer and initiate something or what?
:(

As much as you want to put it behind you, it is a good idea to call your lawyer. You may even wish to pursue legal fees for your need to call your lawyer due to his contempt of court that ordered him to undertake certain actions. Just do it! :D The problem won't go away any time soon... I'm assuming you have already tried things the civil way...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back