May/December relationship

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaamgirl

Hello, Fran.

I just have a quick question. I am a 31 year old woman who is dating an 18 year old man. Laughably, we have had multiple people threaten to report this to our state's Child Protective Services. My neighbor has even threatened to report me to my employer. No one has a logical response when he or I inform them that a person of 18 is an adult.

Are we missing some vital information regarding May/December relationships?

Hello, Fran.

I just have a quick question. I am a 31 year old woman who is dating an 18 year old man. Laughably, we have had multiple people threaten to report this to our state's Child Protective Services. My neighbor has even threatened to report me to my employer. No one has a logical response when he or I inform them that a person of 18 is an adult.

Are we missing some vital information regarding May/December relationships?

You are under NO legal obligation to respond to any curious Charlies.

In every state in this nation, a person reaches the age of majority when he or she celebrates their 18th birthday.

I may not like to see a 500 year old man with a 21 year old woman, or a 1,000 year old woman with a 200 year old man, but that is of no concern of mine.

To update the old saying about being "free, White, and 21", today it might be said; "I'm free, [INSERT PERSONAL IDENTIFIER HERE], and eighteen!"

http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/100964/origin-of-the-phrase-free-white-and-twenty-one

Or, as an oldie, but goodie intoned;

There ain't nothing I can do
Or nothing I can say
That folks don't criticize me
But I'm gonna do just as I wanna do anyway
And don't care just what people say

If I should take a notion
To jump into the ocean
Ain't nobody's business if I do

If I go to church on Sunday
Then cabaret all day Monday

If my man ain't got no money
And I say, "Take all of mine, honey"

If I give him my last nickel
And it leaves me in a pickle

Well I'd rather my man would hit me
Then for him to jump up and quit me

I swear I won't call no copper
If I'm beat up by my papa
Nobody's business
Ain't nobody's business
Nobody's business if I do

http://www.justsomelyrics.com/156929/ardis-ain't-nobody's-business-lyrics.html

Last edited:
Relax, enjoy, get your freak on. Suggest your neighbor find a couple 18 year olds to keep them out of your business.

And then ask yourself what is wrong with you that at 31 you are finding emotional and intellectual companionship with an 18 year old.

It's not illegal so you are fine there. It is rather unusual though for a 31 year old to date an 18 year old but that is up to you two.

It is not illegal. It is creepy.

I prefer NOT to know that MUCH information.

I also try to avoid looking too closely at others, because my mind wants answers, but I have no need to know!

Life can be so confusing.....

Last edited:
If I had to guess, the answer is stamina, hence my suggestion to relax enjoy and get her freak on.

And then ask yourself what is wrong with you that at 31 you are finding emotional and intellectual companionship with an 18 year old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back